News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Looks good. Are the skull heads super glued on?

Wildfisher

Yes glued on, I use zap a gap as it's waterproof. The eyes are stuck on then covered with UV resin and cured.

Wildfisher

This is a useful dry fly. An American pattern called The Renegade. The contrasting hackles make it a bit easier to see on the water. Size 16.

[attachimg=1]

loch coulter

some wee nymphs for the broonies, size 20 jig on top, size 18 jig below and bottom 4 are size 16 grub hook, i have been told the ones with the silver bead are the dogs baws!, but havent tried them yet.

rannoch raider

Very nice chaps. Those wee nymphs are really interesting. There was a time that those colours would have been given the thumbs down by trout fishers but they seem to be getting brighter and bolder all the time now. Is it a pearl over red silk body on the silver heads ?

loch coulter

Quote from: rannoch raider on June 22, 2017, 04:14:40 PM
Very nice chaps. Those wee nymphs are really interesting. There was a time that those colours would have been given the thumbs down by trout fishers but they seem to be getting brighter and bolder all the time now. Is it a pearl over red silk body on the silver heads ?
Correct, touch of varnish on the thread before winding the tinsel, thorax is rainbow dubbing. :8)

loch coulter

Quote from: loch coulter on June 22, 2017, 04:24:47 PM
Correct, touch of varnish on the thread before winding the tinsel, thorax is rainbow dubbing. :8)
have a look for Lance Egans rainbow warrior on u tube.

rannoch raider

Thanks for that. Found it. Some really interesting 'Euro Nymph' type patterns as well. I'll definitely be tying a few of these Rainbow warriors. Cheers! :)

loch coulter

Quote from: rannoch raider on June 22, 2017, 06:07:56 PM
Thanks for that. Found it. Some really interesting 'Euro Nymph' type patterns as well. I'll definitely be tying a few of these Rainbow warriors. Cheers! :)
i made my own dubbbing,used about ten different bits/ colours of any litebright or similar in the coffee grinder think the real stuff is hard to get,

Mark

If you haven't already seen it, Lance Egan's film on Euro nymphing is well worth a watch if your that way inclined.

Go To Front Page