News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

Tyed a muddler of sorts this lunchtime,

sagecirca

A couple of wee Sutherland rivers in mind this weekend...

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

They will do it David. Say hello to your uncle Alan for me.  :D

pedropete

nice tying lads, very impressed indeed. those hi viz drys are very tidy. Ive tied a few early season pretenders. 12#

Robbie

Cheers Alan, that muddler looks very sea trouty!

Those dries are sure to do some damage.

Going to have find a pattern for those pretenders they look very fishy.

pedropete

page 35 of George Barron's book "at the end of the line" if  you're interested sir!

scoobyscott

Robbie

Quote from: pedropete on July 20, 2017, 07:37:05 PM
page 35 of George Barron's book "at the end of the line" if  you're interested sir!

Might have to get myself a copy, thanks for the reference.

rannoch raider

Haven't been on for a week or so. Just seeing some really lovely flies over the last few pages. Some cracking tying going on chaps ! :8)

Wildfisher

Did a few more of my marabou & mylar tubing mini streamer / fry patterns for the estuary. Size 10 long shank.

[attachimg=1]

Thought you might be interested how the under-body is made. Basically  I tied lead wire along the shank, one on top of the other, above and below tying it down as I went. When  I had 4 strands  above and 4 below I tied-off then flattened the construction with pliers. Then Superglued  the lot. This is an old Oliver Edwards trick. You can see the finished under-body below, sorry about the poor image.

Once the tubing had been tied on I stuck on the self-adhesive eyes then UV resined the fly in stages finishing with a coat of  "Hard As Nails". It all sounds complicated and lengthy, but it's not really and these lures can be quickly knocked up. Leave lots of room at the eye of the hook otherwise it is a pain to finish and leave the hook eye clear.

[attachimg=2]

Go To Front Page