News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

scoobyscott

Don't fish for salmon but those are nice looking flies

pedropete

salmon flies look ace mate, never tied anything like that myself, look tasty.. "a windy day on a highland loch" sounds good to me!! ah when are you away to eye?  was going to visit for the first time this summer but was advised not too because the water quality wouldn't be great..maybe leave it till early next year now??

rannoch raider

Beautifully tied Andy. Grilse Killers !

Lochan_load

No idea about water quality but the weather looks perfect for Wednesday when we're heading up, never fished it so will have to see how it fishes. If it's mince it's a good excuse to go back earlier next year ;)

pedropete

that's true, ill be keen to hear your report andy!! hope the wind stays down for you!

Lochan_load

Quote from: rannoch raider on July 27, 2017, 06:05:05 PM
Beautifully tied Andy. Grilse Killers !

Cheers Jim, fingers crossed!

scoobyscott

Couple of Kate's. Really struggle with muddler heads [attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

Lochan_load

Both Look excellent, what's the body?
once you've tied in the deer hair don't be afraid to sweep it right back and pinch it tight to the shank. I always keep my scissors pointing to the tail, keeps the shape of the head tapered back into the fly, if you point the scissors up and down it makes a step.

rannoch raider

I'm guessing its Organza ? Never seen it used for that right enough but it's a very good idea and would make for a quick and robust tie. Nice patterns Scott  :8)

Go To Front Page