News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

All great flies on this page, love the furnace Bibio Paul and that muddler will push plenty water Allan, ideal when the winds up.

haresear

Quote from: admin on August 01, 2017, 05:28:12 PM
Passion Vine Hopper.

Tapered foam body and organza wing. Not sure about the colours, I have a limited range of marker pens. The fly is 1cm long, which is apparently the size of the actual insects.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

That should be pretty effective Fred.
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on August 01, 2017, 07:27:39 PM
That should be pretty effective Fred.

Thanks Alex. I went to some trouble to get it right.  :8)

Found a top view  image of a PVH online. Loaded it into Photoshop, resized it to 1cm.
Printed it out.
Cut roughly round the print out, glued it to a bit of stiff card then varnished it with Hard As Nails - several coats to make it stronger.
Cut it out when dry, leaving a long stalk on the head end.

This template was the result

[attachimg=1]

To make the wing I cut out a square of white organza then varnished it with Hard As Nails so it would not fall to bits.
Placed the template on  the varnished organza once it was dry, cut round it leaving a stalk at the head for tying in.
Coloured the cut wing with markers then gave it another coat of Hard As Nails
Cut a small triangle of  foam, tied it in at the bend of the hook, wound it forward over superglue to form the steep taper body and tied it off.
Tied in the organza wing
Tied it off forming a head with the thread.

Sounds complex, but now I have the temple  can tie these  reasonably quickly.   :lol:

haresear

Quote from: admin on August 01, 2017, 07:45:54 PM
Thanks Alex. I went to some trouble to get it right.  :8)

Found a top view  image of a PVH online. Loaded it into Photoshop, resized it to 1cm.
Printed it out.
Cut roughly round the print out, glued it to a bit of stiff card then varnished it with Hard As Nails - several coats to make it stronger.
Cut it out when dry, leaving a long stalk on the head end.

This template was the result

[attachimg=1]

To make the wing I cut out a square of white organza then varnished it with Hard As Nails so it would not fall to bits.
Placed the template on  the varnished organza once it was dry, cut round it leaving a stalk at the head for tying in.
Coloured the cut wing with markers then gave it another coat of Hard As Nails
Cut a small triangle of  foam, tied it in at the bend of the hook, wound it forward over superglue to form the steep taper body and tied it off.
Tied in the organza wing
Tied it off forming a head with the thread.

Sounds complex, but now I have the temple  can tie these  reasonably quickly.   :lol:

Excellent. I will take half a dozen :lol:
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

pedropete

bumbling about this morning with these clan chief style bumbles, not a pattern or style I've tied or fished yet, but I'm sure they will get wet soon, I'm still learning the ropes regarding wild fishing... 8# short-shank barbless hooks. a busy pattern, I'm sure it will be just as rewarding fishing it as it is to tie up.

Robbie

rannoch raider

Nice Pete. There's a whole lot happening in those bumbles !

pedropete

aye cheers lads, I enjoy messing about with this style of tying, what do you think the Uist seatrout would say to these?

Robbie

Not much, they'd probably be too busy eating them  :lol:

Go To Front Page