News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Passion Vine Hopper -  (take 2)

I emailed Bob Wyatt for his thoughts. Bob's advice is a chunky body DHS.  I tied this one in 2 minutes - hare's ear body, roe deer wing, fanned out.

I think I agree with Bob.   :lol:

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Nice and simple . I do like that, it looks like it would do well here too.

Wildfisher

I think that's the beauty of Bob's flies Jim, they work anywhere. Fun as it is to be creative in fly tying I'm not sure I'd use my organza PVH here, but I'd use that dark DHS for sure. I like to keep things simple. As Bob said in his email it's more about presentation and less about fly tying. Fly tying is important insofar as tying something with the correct imprint  / profile.

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on August 03, 2017, 12:30:00 PM
As Bob said in his email it's more about presentation and less about fly tying. Fly tying is important insofar as tying something with the correct imprint  / profile.
definitely the case with the pike flies. get the movement right and they'll pretty much nail anything
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

loch coulter

Quote from: admin on August 03, 2017, 10:58:53 AM

I emailed Bob Wyatt for his thoughts. Bob's advice is a chunky body DHS.  I tied this one in 2 minutes - hare's ear body, roe deer wing, fanned out.

[attachimg=1]
looks the business, whats the hook?

Wildfisher

Fulling Mill 35055 Ultimate Dry bronze Tommy.

Wildfisher

Flattened and spread the wing on this one using a tiny spot of UV resin to hold it like that

[attachimg=1]

Robbie

Thoughts are turning to September and some tourists:

haresear

Quote from: admin on August 03, 2017, 10:58:53 AM

[attachimg=1]

That looks more like my style of fly  :)
I do like the simple ( or perhaps lazy) approach to fly tying.
Protect the edge.

loch coulter

Go To Front Page