News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Quote from: pedropete on September 26, 2017, 08:27:23 PM
dave that crayfish looks like a really complicated beasty, have you fished it? good skills, Robbie whats the story behind your orange hopper sir? interesting color choice, for wild trout right?

i've not fished this one, but i have caught on other cray patterns.  it's a bit heavily dressed. i have real problems getting a nice tight dubbing rope. never seem to get enough wax on the thread....

but yeah, it's a complex pattern. it's part of the carp scene; no idea why, just the way it is  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

sagecirca

Quote from: pedropete on September 15, 2017, 08:25:03 AM
those wee quill drys are beautiful...how many cdc plumes per fly?

Apologies for the late reply....I use one for the very, very wee stuff and 2 plumes for the 16s.  Lightwire hooks are key as to not sink the flea. 

Lochan_load

Quote from: corsican dave on September 26, 2017, 09:03:37 PM
real problems getting a nice tight dubbing rope. never seem to get enough wax on the thread....

Try b&w super tacky dubbing wax, comes in a pritt stick type thing. Apply it straight to the thread and it's easy to apply as much or as little dubbing as you like Dave, a tiny bit on your finger and thumb and you can wind it down as tight as......well as tight as you like.

Robbie

Quote from: pedropete on September 26, 2017, 08:27:23 PM
Robbie whats the story behind your orange hopper sir?

Had some success in the past on a few hill lochs with a size 14 in same colours. During the EOSS this year orange was also a go to colour on a few days. I think it shows up well in water carrying a peat stain. Most of the fish in the last video I posted were taken on a size 14 orange hopper, fish appeared to be rising to some wee olives or their nymphs but were happy to nail the twitched hopper.

Lochan_load

I got my fish on the same loch with an orange dabbler on a fast sink tip on one of the really wild days and like Robbie says the orange shows up well in the water. Billy got his fish on the last day on Peaty water with a fly with a fluo yellow/green tail, suppose if they can't see it doesn't matter what it represents!

sagecirca

Spent half the day filling in a few gaps in my nymph boxes.....

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Bet your kitchen cupboards are in great order!

sagecirca

Quote from: Lochan_load on September 27, 2017, 11:15:04 PM
Bet your kitchen cupboards are in great order!

:D

I blame my job....makes one suffer from OCD!

Lochan_load

:lol:

Flies look superb as always

Clan Chief

Nice neat tying and boxes but ooooooooozes OCD! lol

Go To Front Page