News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedropete

I've   some white hen capes on route for dying teal blue, any of you guys fancy posting some useful patterns in the teal blue range for me to" butcher."..no pun intended...ive a few ideas myself but always nice to listen to folk more experienced...

Robbie

Those sesgehogs look the business, really like the body colours. Orange sedghogs are a reliable colour, I tried tying some up with a uv straggle fritz body a couple of years ago, had a few fish on them but no stand out days. Think I prefer a dubbed body and may not have complete faith in the fritz.

Robbie

Have a surf candy type thing a go this evening:

[attachimg=1]

scoobyscott

That looks good Robbie. Pete those hogs are the mutts nuts! Little play about tonight myself, needs a bit of practice though

pedropete

scott that's an unusual body technique well done..looks good, thanks for that Robbie, hogs in various orange shades,I can manage that. love that surf candy, reeks fish , what size is it?

Robbie

Scott the full effect on that fly is really nice.

Pete it's a size 4.

scoobyscott

Quote from: Robbie on October 04, 2017, 03:07:30 PM
Scott the full effect on that fly is really nice.

Thanks. Couple of purple tag nymphs tonight

pedropete

nice jigs scott, i need to try that tail out over the winter...some quilled half hog style from earlier on in the week, 12#b170 and 10# S/S

Robbie

They are very nice Pete, especially like the leggy ones.

Have you put a coat of UV resin over the quill bodies?

pedropete

robbie, I did, I've been using solarez UV resin for the last year or two.out of habit I still give them a lick of sallys for good measure..

Go To Front Page