News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Quote from: pedropete on November 06, 2017, 09:14:33 PM
very much a prototype, clash of the patterns as it were, teal dabbler esque...prob needs something else...

Looks ideal to me, no tinkering required! Great colours, would show up well in peat stain, It's got roag written all over it but would work in all sorts of situations. Like!

Robbie

I like the look of that nymph Scott, slim enough to get depth quickly whilst the CDC provides movement and life.

haresear

Quote from: Robbie on November 07, 2017, 09:34:32 PM
I like the look of that nymph Scott, slim enough to get depth quickly whilst the CDC provides movement and life.

That is one of the good things about cdc on a nymph. It folds upwards when sinking and goes down quicker than stiffer materials.

Alex
Protect the edge.

rannoch raider

it does seem to have a lot of fans. I'll need to bite the bullet and give it an extended try soon.

pedropete

nice one andy, knew you'd have faith in me hahaha, i did have another look at the teal and orange though, one with a standard solid dabbler wing, the other ive wound back on the orange a bit,still like the effect teal brings so I've kept it in with a turn of mallard too..time will tell what works,i like both styles..

rannoch raider

That's a definite improvement in my eyes Pete. I like them both...a lot .

pedropete

aye Jim,i think we're nearly there...looks a bit more balanced, it does sometimes take a few goes at a new pattern, especially one you haven't christened yet.

rannoch raider

That final photo really shows it off. It's got me hooked anyway. I'd be very happy to have that on my cast. In fact , I will certainly have that on my cast next season.... no copyrighting now ! :)

pedropete

hope so too Jim, i can't wait to drown a few in the right environment... :lol: :lol mind and let me know if it snags a few!!

scoobyscott

Go To Front Page