News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedropete

like those claret bumble cripplers Garry, very tasty indeed  :D

Lochan_load

My first fly in a good few months (and it probably shows!) went for a dubbing rope, teased it out  and then trimmed it tight. The pink should give away that I'm going to try for grayling tomorrow for the first time since I was in high school. Bloody freezing but it's a rare chance so I'm wrapping up and going for it!
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Falling back on some favourite loch colours; orange, blue and sunburst. I'm struggling a bit but I like the look of this [attachimg=1]

corsican dave

like that, Andy! i'd fish that with confidence.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

I can see that doing well in a buzzer hatch Andy. :8)

rannoch raider

I've been trying to get on the water since last week but alas the old fella has been an in patient at two separate hospitals since I spoke. He's now in the Beatson for a few more days so can't see me getting out before well into next week. Tied a few more wee patterns that I hope might excite the grayling.

Some wee slim spikey gamarus shrimpy things.....

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Putting my efforts to shame Jim, I find them hard to fish and tie!

Bobfly

Those "gamarus shrimpy things" are the very business. Really nice  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

pedropete

well done lads both nice beasties, can't wait to get back at it now, thanks for the inspiration!!

sagecirca

Quote from: rannoch raider on November 30, 2017, 03:01:27 PM
I've been trying to get on the water since last week but alas the old fella has been an in patient at two separate hospitals since I spoke. He's now in the Beatson for a few more days so can't see me getting out before well into next week. Tied a few more wee patterns that I hope might excite the grayling.

Some wee slim spikey gamarus shrimpy things.....

[attachimg=1]

Very nice Jim...they will defo work.  The wee addition of a hot-spot either in the abdomen or thorax would also be a welcome addition IMHO. 

Go To Front Page