News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

trying to get a few of these guys done today. Hogans SMN with a bit of flash.

[attachimg=1]

Robbie

Very nice Jin, lovely slim profile on those.

Lochan_load

rannoch raider

Desperate to give this wee fella a swim. Simple and quick to tie, I think I'm going to settle for this as my Baetis nymph for 2018...... if it works ! :lol:

Size 16
[attachimg=1]

Fish eye view
[attachimg=2]

pedropete

let us know how you get on with it jim, looks like a "stick on" to me!!

rannoch raider

Trying to come up with a really simple version of a Stone Clinger . Its certainly not intended to be 'realistic' just suggestive in terms of colour and profile. Got a bit of practicing to do to get it refined and tidy but it might just be a simple solution for what can be a tricky pattern......

[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3]

Robbie

Both nice Jim, the Beatis looks to be a real hit with the trout.

Robbie

Having a play with the stuff I dyed last night:

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Nice Robbie :8). It's amazing how much of a lift a wee splash of colour gives to a fly.

Robbie

Quote from: rannhttp://flyfishing-and-flytying.co.uk/articles/view/the_final_instar/och raider on February 23, 2018, 02:43:44 PM
Trying to come up with a really simple version of a Stone Clinger . Its certainly not intended to be 'realistic' just suggestive in terms of colour and profile.

Funnily enough I have been having trying my hand at Oliver Edwards pattern. It's been a bit of a chew so far. But the way he applies the flat lead to the fly and then squashes it flat is easy enough to do and achieves the profile quickly.

I also found this article which may help simplify the tying a lot:
http://flyfishing-and-flytying.co.uk/articles/view/the_final_instar/

Go To Front Page