News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedropete

that's a very interesting combination of bits mate, its good!! I've had a bash at john tyzaks para emerger, the hackles are partridge and cdc,bit tricky at first but they look great.. did a few jinglers in the same colour scheme

rannoch raider

Oh yes! Truly the Dogs Bollocks Pete! love them !

Lochan_load

Brilliant. Bet that's a pain in the arse to wrap round a post!

pedropete

cheers lads, it is a bit of a pussy to be honest,ok after your first dozen 14# hahah

corsican dave

still tying for Spain.
i've never made a secret of the fact that Rob Kolanda's Bellycrawl is my favourite carp fly of all time. Fiendishly complicated to tie, potentially lethal to cast and funky as f#ck 😎 catches plenty carp, too ;) but those tungsten bodies are expensive, REALLY heavy and often difficult to obtain. so i set about coming up with a stripped down version that would use cheaper & easier to obtain materials and maybe sink that bit slower. i hit on common or garden bead-chain. so here it is; the Bellycrawl Light. hell, it might even work for trout.....
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

I imagine that will catch all manner of bottom feeders and anything with the slightest bit of interest in shrimps or crayfish. If fish will eat a FAB Blob in fluo pink and electric blue, they'll certainly eat that  :lol:

mattheweastham

Quote from: pedropete on May 06, 2018, 11:53:16 AM
that's a very interesting combination of bits mate, its good!! I've had a bash at john tyzaks para emerger, the hackles are partridge and cdc,bit tricky at first but they look great.. did a few jinglers in the same colour scheme

Nowt to do with Tyzack, them. It's a pattern from much nearer your home called the FMF and it's been around a good deal longer than you might think.  Saw John had claimed it as his own on Twitter recently....or at least implied so by calling it the JT FMF, cheeky swine! But then again he took a generic cdc dun which most river anglers had been fishing for years and called it the JT olive! I don't blame him - he works in fly fishing and needs to uphold a certain reputation. I've seen plenty of guys who obviously 9feel they have to have flies named after them to have properly 'arrived'.

sagecirca

I had a pop at his 'fish on' twitter page over this.  It would seem prefixing any existing pattern with 'JT' in front of said pattern, changes it! 

The FMF (F*&king Magic Fly) came from the border boys and was bastardised from the CAM emerger that Steve Thornton detailed in his listen to the river books.  I was given a copy when fishing with John Maclennan and Grant Gibson, both who live on the banks of the Tweed and was sworn to secrecy.  It is a very good flea for fast, boisterous water and for the likes of the Tummel as it is so buoyant and very visible.  I haven't had it work on my home river though....

Lochan_load

Coming soon the JT ptn and the JT grhe  :lol:

Wee fry imitation [attachimg=1]

mattheweastham

Nice fry! Can I ask where you go for such nice bright GP crest feathers? Despite trying a few suppliers I've always ended up with comparatively washed out looking jobbies.

Go To Front Page