News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

That won't gonwrong Allan, you've not lost your touch!
Fish eye view of a hares ear dabbler......
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

And the tyers view  :lol:

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Those are all looking great guys. I can't remember the last time I tied loch fleas! Looking at the patterns on this thread always inspires me to get my ass in gear.

pedropete

thanks, lads, andy whats the background to the hare's ear dabbler ?  is this one you fish the now? it looks great. thanks for sharing Allan was hoping someone would share a few patterns from your trip...

I had some home dyed bronze mallard in black, I'm not a massive fan of it but used sparingly its not too bad.

Clan Chief

Tyed a couple of muddler style patterns today!

rannoch raider

Lovely bit of work :8) there. Hogs, muddlers, G&H sedges , they all seem to be must haves for the islands. That one works well with the goats Toe hackle on it.  :8)

johnsd

yer going where

bibio1

Quote from: pedropete on August 14, 2018, 04:03:47 PM
i need to get back onto hogs this winter, finished off a bag of peacock blues messing about with mini muddlers, Zulu meets Peterson's Pennel ,vars..ill stick them in my box regardless.

Where can you get good blue dyed deer hair?

burnie

My understanding re the Salmon hooks these days is that when Salmon are allowed to be taken, folk think trebles give them a better chance of a hook up holding. In this day and age most beats are catch and release, so barbless doubles and singles are the norm as a conservation method. I prefer de-barbed doubles myself as the swim nicely in the water, though once the leaves start falling from the trees a single can be better. The fish don't seem to care what you throw at them, if they are there and you can irritate one into having a go, you'll get one, so far the only thing irritated is me, not a pull...yet.

Lochan_load

Quote from: bibio1 on August 26, 2018, 12:48:59 PM
Where can you get good blue dyed deer hair?

I got some decent stuff from GAC a couple of years back, they've usually got a fair range of colours.

Pete there is no real background to it I just wanted to use the dubbing which is actually wapsi fox squirrel dub. Brilliant stuff for hares ears, lot easier to use and plenty spikeyness to it...,,I've probably subconsciously stole the pattern from you somewhere along the way  :lol:

Go To Front Page