News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

They are deadly Dave. Simple and efficient. I sometimes add a tungsten bead.

Lochan_load

I was going to get all fancy and use thread  :shock: but I'll fire wire into a bobbin and do them that way, might even do paul a couple and see how the Patagonian monsters like 'em!

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on October 13, 2018, 08:53:09 PM
I was going to get all fancy and use thread  :shock: but I'll fire wire into a bobbin and do them that way, might even do paul a couple and see how the Patagonian monsters like 'em!
Andy, you don't even need a bobbin. just wire and wool. it's the bollocks!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

SoldierPmr

Are the butts wrapped with copper?

corsican dave

Quote from: SoldierPmr on October 13, 2018, 10:02:20 PM
Are the butts wrapped with copper?
you just wrap wire down the shank as you would to start off thread. build up some body if you wish. catch in some wool with the wire. build up the body with the wool, use the wire to catch in the end of the wool and do a few more wraps of wire to finish. you can add a dab of varnish if you wish....
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]

the last one is with polyester toy stuffing, but i'm sure you get the general idea
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Clan Chief

My latest flees!

bibio1

A favourite of mine

johnsd

Very nice Allan/Paul never have much luck with snatchers for some reason
yer going where

Lochan_load

A favourite of mine too, a black 14 fished slow got me a nice fish on watten. I've fished them loads the last couple of years.

Lochan_load

In fact that fish on my profile was a snatcher too, cow dung sort of colour

Go To Front Page