News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Castle Retford variant, not sure if the original was a palmered fly but as it was fished on the tail of a cast I'm assuming not.

[attachimg=1]

johnsd

Like that Robbie on one of our waters an  Alexandra with a pink malabou tail does very well is that a peacock sword wing cheers J
yer going where

Robbie

Yeah peacock sword wing with Golden Phesant crest either side. Very like an Alexandra, I believe the original pattern had Indian crow tail which I swapped for red floss.

corsican dave

nice retro feel to that. and the photo, too  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Clan Chief

Yeah thats a cracker Robbie! I like it!
What hook did you use it as it really suits the pattern and adds to the whole profile of the fly.

Lochan_load

Nice robbie, I don't use peacock sword enough, it's great stuff. Been tying a lot of stuff to pattern lately so fancied one for myself, been in my head since I did the hares ear diawl bachs. Basically the same thing with Cree cock hackle and tail with a wee slip of teal, wee stickle back/fry imitation type thing.
[attachimg=1]

johnsd

yer going where

Lochan_load

Cheers John......back to the crazy stuff!  :shock:
[attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

These are great Andy. I especially like your wee fry pattern!

Robbie

Quote from: Clan Chief on November 04, 2018, 09:39:42 PM
Yeah thats a cracker Robbie! I like it!
What hook did you use it as it really suits the pattern and adds to the whole profile of the fly.

Thanks Allan, the hooks is a FullingMill heavyweight barbless.

Go To Front Page