News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

Latest flee.
Size 10 hook.
Tippet tail.
Black uni thread.
Orange seals fur body.
Oval gold rib.
Irish golden olive body hackle.
Greenwells hen head hackle.
Then give it a good soak in a Highland Loch sometime next year!

Laxdale

Quote from: Clan Chief on November 04, 2018, 02:04:32 PM
Nicely done Paul!
I tied a couple of Irish style flees today! One with JC one without. This is a good example of how JC really gives the flee a lift!

I am liking just about all the flies appearing recently, but you get 10/10 for this one. A fish catcher if ever I saw one!

bibio1

Clan Chief

A wee green tailed Kate! Not fished this pattern for a while but do recall using it to good success at my local loch a good few years ago when it was the in vogue flee there!
Funny how the popularity of fly patterns come and go!

silverbutcher

Quote from: Clan Chief on November 07, 2018, 10:05:29 AM
A wee green tailed Kate! Not fished this pattern for a while but do recall using it to good success at my local loch a good few years ago when it was the in vogue flee there!

Always did quite well for me early in the season.

Billy

johnsd

Quote from: Clan Chief on November 07, 2018, 10:05:29 AM
very nice i like something with a bit of green in it
yer going where

Clan Chief

Today I attempted to tie a flee as described in Tom Stewart's excellent book "fifty popular flies" Vol. 2.
This is his variation of an original pattern called the Bloody Mary. He states that there are many regional variations of this pattern. He mentions that this one is from Perthshire!  Im always reluctant to declare that Ive tied a specific pattern that I dont really know very well! As we all know far too well, the Flytying Polis might be watching! 😂 Anyway I think this flee is attractive enough to fool a troot or two!

corsican dave

i finally got to grips with one of Vaughan's hooks today. this is on a red ( :shock:) Mustad Ultrapoint #4
[attachimg=1]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Variety is the spice of life and that is proved on this page of the thread  :lol: having fun tying these rather colourful grasshoppers! [attachimg=1]

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page