News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Wee 16 dhe for good measure
[attachimg=1]

haresear

Quote from: Lochan_load on February 18, 2019, 04:48:07 PM
After being desperate to tie some wet flies I did a sum total of 1!  :roll: :lol: got sidetracked by Alex's comparaduns. Did a #12 with dyed elk wing and tail as a mayfly pattern.......[attachimg=1]

Nice to see some proper flies for a change :lol:
Seriously, the general standard of flies on this forum- traditional, fancy and "buggy" is outstanding.

Alex
Protect the edge.

rannoch raider

It's getting close to March so having a play around. With all things brown.....[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Will I ever get to see a cloud of these before they disappear?
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Easy foam body...
[attachimg=1]

invictor

Hi I've got to agree with Alex the standard of tying is world class.
Not to single any one out but Rannoch Raider Evan the photographs fantastic.

haresear

Quote from: rannoch raider on February 20, 2019, 10:26:11 PM
Easy foam body...
[attachimg=1]

Wow. I love those. Especially the spinner and the clipped dun.
I think I will be copying these (poorly) for yhe coming season.

I haven't tied a fly since last May so the results should be even more shoddy than usual.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Bobfly

I may be ahead of you there Alex. My speciality is the expert unintentional tying of the "crippled natural" , a skill now highly developed. Seems to fool the odd numpty fish and it is hard now to achieve a tidy proper job. Too much skill required for bent fingers. Oddly I got fed up with a right hand finger last week and gave it a serious working over. After a sudden squishy sound it is now pain free and bends better than any time in the last year :shock:  I might advertise in Chiropractor Weekly.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

hopper

You any good on knees Vaughn, signed off for another month.
Have got back it to my tying after a few years away from it but my pictures are crap, there are some stunning tying going on at the moment.

Bobfly

I am good for knee exercises having appointed myself as supervisor for Mrs B who got a knee replacement two weeks before Xmas just past. Hard going for the lass but she is very determined and the physios are impressed with the progress. Knees seemingly much more tricky than hips and a longer recovery to get things back in play. Hope yours can get on the mend soon.
The thought crossed my mind that I could open a Healing Hands Of God church in the Southern USA and make a million or two dollars before being chased out of the country. But then I might have been gunned down first by a rival healer.  :shock: :shock:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page