News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lnelson20

Very nice John,I also like to have a few hoppers and daddies tied in this style,sit very low in the film and no flaffing about with floatant's.

Chris.
c.nelson

Clan Chief

Very nice indeed.I'm sure they will do well. What size of hook do you tie them on?

Here are my latest flies . Think I need to move onto a new style now. Maybe something like those foam hoppers.

Clan Chief

Very buggy looking nymph . Sure to be a killer, sorry! catch and releaser.

sandyborthwick

I find something very similar with a copper head really effective.

It makes me think that when looking at the caddis larva crawling about on the bottom the copper bead potrys their head sticking out. I'm sre the scruffy look works better for the fish by far.

Sandy B.O.

Clan Chief

my latest............

Clan Chief

I did watch it,great looking pattern. but didn't follow it to the letter so to speak. Just learned the basics from the vid then did my own thing. Think I posted my version on another thread. here are my versions. Tied them a couple of months ago or something like that.Will give them another go tonight and this time tie the deer hair in the correct way round. Cheers.

Clan Chief

Those flies do have an alien quality about them :Dalek

Here is my new effort at the detached patterns . Need some more practice me thinks. perhaps in need of a thicker bunch of deer hair.

Clan Ford

Tonight I've been listening to the Clash on BBC4 and tying Copper Head Brown Wire Nymphs.  Its the most fun I've had fly tying in ages :D

Norm

haresear

Some interesting concoctions, paricularly amongst those foam jobs.

As someone who uses these foam beasts more than most, can I suggest that you tie one fly and try casting it for a while, before tying more of any given pattern?

Being so light and air resistant, foam flies tend to spin like a top if the balance is wrong.

Just a suggestion to save some heartache and leader twist.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Clan Ford

Quote from: buzz on November 29, 2008, 12:23:45 AM
Very neat Norm.
Is that cock de leon (sp) you are using for the tails?

No Mark,  Nothing so fancy, its partridge tail.

Norm

Go To Front Page