News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewaterbouys

Fred what the thorax and body made with i am looking for triger points why the Olives got  took for a march broon. :?

deergravy

Been off work on the sick this week, taken the opportunity to fart around at the vice.
Here's a few examples;

Clan Ford

Quote from: breac uaig on December 11, 2008, 09:39:16 PM
MMMMM! seems to be biased  towards dry flies  :worms  :crap  :roll: breac uaig

That's 'cause they catch most fish :D :D :D

Norm

Wildfisher

Quote from: thewaterbouys on December 11, 2008, 09:33:33 PM
     Fred what the thorax and body made with i am looking for triger points why the Olives got  took for a march broon. :?

Body is golden pheasant barred tail fibers ribbed with gold wire and the thorax is brown SLF, hackle is dyed dark olive grizzle, wing post anything you like. The one in  the photo is not very well tied but it  makes no odds to the fish. Size 12 works well

deergravy

Nice fly, Fred
I take it you've finished off round the base of the wing post, as opposed to tying the hackle tip to the hook?
Quite easy once you know how, and makes a much nicer fly.

Dave

Wildfisher

Quote from: deergravy on December 11, 2008, 10:05:37 PM
Nice fly, Fred
I take it you've finished off round the base of the wing post,

Yes, but I put too many wraps on it and it pushed the hackle up at the back. Makes no odds though, as long as the hackle is symmetrical when viewed from below it floats perfectly.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Clan Ford on December 11, 2008, 09:43:07 PM
That's 'cause they catch most fish

and the biggest ones...................... :D

The General

Like your flies Deergravy.   Would certainly be very successful out west. How did you tie the flies in the bottom piccy.  Met the man who "discovered" that pattern last year on the Ness.  He is a big pal of Bob Church.
Some really good flies appearing on this post.

Davie

River Chatter

Malcolm

Quote from: The General on December 12, 2008, 09:48:29 AM
Like your flies Deergravy.   Would certainly be very successful out west. How did you tie the flies in the bottom piccy.  Met the man who "discovered" that pattern last year on the Ness.  He is a big pal of Bob Church.
Some really good flies appearing on this post.

Davie

That's a Shipmans isn't it? Brilliant fly. Never without a couple of those in my box. Good on rivers too.

Talking of Bob Church, I was at his 50th birthday "do" at a puddle called Leominstead in the New Forest - 1982 I think it was. Lord I got drunk. Free wine and whisky and a meal in the hut! I never knew the man we just happened to be at the fishery that day. 
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page