News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Clan Chief

Lovely looking flees . What is the wing feather ?

River Chatter

Nice. The wings are great - I always struggle to get them to sit properly.

Crawhin

Nice Col. The body on your quill klink just looks, well, succulent - no other word for it! What kind of stripped hackles are you using for those?

Ian

Clan Chief

I do like the one where the flash is used for the tail. Very nice.

muddler54

Quote from: Clan Chief on February 05, 2009, 04:39:15 PM
Lovely looking flees . What is the wing feather ?

thanks guys thats gonna give me the confidence to pop more in, i think the wings hen mallard centre quills, came in separate packet. just started fly tying, so im still a novice, loving it, its a hobby within a hobby. keeps the fishing dreams alive, cant wait for march,  will it ever come round

Clan Chief

For someone who has just started tying those flies are really well tied I particularly like your last two. I'm impressed

The General

Muddler 54.   Didnt realise it was you Mick.  Having seen the flies in the "flesh" can vouch for their quality.   Good these fly tying classes eh?
Here is the link for Freds Resizer as promised last night.  Happy tying.

Davie
http://www.wild-fishing-scotland.co.uk/downloads/setup.exe

River Chatter

Beginner?! I like the stimulator style flies. They can be a bugger to tie even for folk who've been tying for a while! Last one I tied was cack, got stripped back to bare metal and only came good second time round.  :x

muddler54

thanks guys,  thanks davie, your right the classes are great, highlight of my week
ill download that too davie, 
thanks chatter i wonder too if theyll catch, or maybe fall to bits, the brownies are the real experts though, i canna wait to try them all    mick

Go To Front Page