News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

Those flees look excellent Wee Bri. My favourite style!

Scotaidh

It isn't often I can contribute to threads on here, but I was at a loose end this evening.

I can't decide over the floss tail or the fibre tail...

Thus I present the Meannt Dubh

The General

Some flies out of Fly Fishing and Flytying this month's issue and a variant.

Diawl Bach Cadno

[attachimg=1]

Diawl Bach Cadno Variant (body holograph)

[attachimg=2]

Leggy Arsed Green Peter

[attachimg=3]

Cock Robin

[attachimg=4]

These should all do well at Ruthven at different times of the year.

Davie

muddler54

there crackers davie,
  im looking at the mag and looking at your flies, youve got them spot on.......
  im gonna have a bash at them, especially that cock robin it looks the business.....
   see you thursday   mick

The General

And one for the bigger wave.

[attachimg=1]

Mick it is muddlers on Thursday so better get practising.  (Ice gone? up Kyle way)

Davie

The General

Bri
It is the go to fly for one of my friends.  I have just refound my enthusiasm for tying so it must be getting near the start of the season.
As soon as the sun comes out with some warmth will probably trigger me tying the CDC/ELK which I am amazed no one recommended for
Highlanders soujourn to Islay.  So if no one has used it down there, I will be on my way.  :D

Some great flies on here especially considering some are very new to tying

Davie

Black-Don

1st visit in a few days but some really nice flees from Malcolm, Crawhin, Bri and the General.

Sorry if I missed any.

Crawhin

You're right Don - there's been some great stuff over the last few days guys - this thread just keeps getting better.

Scotaidh - what materials produce your glow in the dark effect there - very interesting?

Col - will try your palmered MB muddler - looks really deadly.

Wee Bri - some great patterns and tying there. Love the Irish mayfly patterns. Boy those hogs are bright though! When would you normally fish them? 

General - your DB patterns are very unusual - I didn't see the FF&FT article - what was the thinking behind those?

Cheers,

Ian

Scotaidh

Quote from: Crawhin on February 19, 2009, 08:11:07 AM
You're right Don - there's been some great stuff over the last few days guys - this thread just keeps getting better.

Scotaidh - what materials produce your glow in the dark effect there - very interesting?

The rib is fluorescent green UTC 140 tying thread.  I think if that was a successful fly I would invest in a spool of fluorescent green wire.

Cheers.

The General

Sandy how do I send a scanned image to another member (if it is possible) I do not want to breach any copyright stuff by
posting a scan on the forum

Davie

Go To Front Page