News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishtales

Either email or put it on your webspace, you will have some free space with your service provider, and send him the link by PM.

HTH.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Scotaidh

Mallard and Claret, that seal's fur is claret I promise.

Dunno what that second fly is called...

Clan Chief

I'd be happy to use yer un-named second fly . Really good PR. well tied!

Scotaidh

Quote from: Clan Chief on February 20, 2009, 11:43:21 PM
I'd be happy to use yer un-named second fly . Really good PR. well tied!

Thank you!

I can't be doing with tying teal wings, too footery.

Crawhin

Got to agree with Fachan. I remember a fantastic couple of hours sport in his neck of the woods last year on that flee. When in the middle of a wild, wet (and unproductive) day the wind just switched off, the rain eased a bit a frantic buzzer hatch started. The only thing that the fish would look at though (emergers, dries and nymphs were all pretty much ignored) was a size 14 Teal and Green - with a green lurex body and sparse teal wing - which they just couldn't get enough of until the hatch dried up. Great wee fly and I always keep a few tied slim in my box.

Ian     

River Chatter

Nice looking fee BC. That a grey dyed pheasant tail body? And what's that hackle/legs?

Crawhin

Nice nymph there Bandy - does it swim in an erratic manner though?  :lol:

Last couple of days have tied some early season black and silver muddlers. Double hooks and lead underbodies to get down a bit despite the deers hair:-

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

And I was reminded here to tie up a couple of Teal and Greens:-  :?

[attachimg=3]

The General also kindly sent me a recent magazine article with some interesting 'Taff' flees in it (cheers Davie). Gave a couple a shot including this which looks like it might do a fair turn in a summer sedge hatch:-

[attachimg=4]

Cheers,

Ian

The General

Looking good Ian.   I do like the wee black muddlers.  Gonna fone my wee mate John he promised me some very fine black deer hair.
The wee weighted black shrimp doubles work in a flat calm any time of year if just allowed to sink and drawn very very slowly back.
Usually taken as they sink and the fly is way down the throat.

Davie

Ian_M

Like the black muddlers, very nicely tied.
Ian

Scotaidh

I like the muddlers too, very nice.

I made up a fly last year like your Green and Teal, with mirage opal tinsel over green lurex for the body and a starling wing, I've had a rake but there is none left from last season.  I didn't know such a close resemblance of that fly existed!

Go To Front Page