News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lnelson20

Nice wee muddler Col,one of my most successfull early season patterns is a weighted clan chief hedgehog fished on the intermediate,tied up a few tonight

Chris
c.nelson

scotfly

I lost my "mojo" for a while there, but I got it back and have been beavering away at the vice the last week or two.

IBD Soft Hackle (on different hooks)

Kamasan B175 #14

Drennan Wet Fly Supreme #16

Tiemco 2499SP-BL #18

Tiemco 206BL #16

And a play with some Olive Spiders.

Arthur's Wife

HOOK - Drennan Wet Fly Supreme #16
THREAD - Hends Body Quill
BODY - Hends Body Quill
THORAX - Olive Hare's Mask
HACKLE - Olive Hen

Arthur's Wife's New Coat

THREAD - Brown 8/0
HACKLE - Olive Hen
BODY - Hends Body Quill (tied in at thorax, wrapped to bend)
RIB -  Body Quill lightly touch dubbed with Olive Hare's Mask and wrapped in an open spiral.
THORAX - Olive Hare's Mask.

Arthur's Wife's Sunday Best

THREAD - Hends Body Quill
HACKLE - Olive Hen
BODY - Hends Body Quill wrapped to bend then touch dubbed with Olive Hare's Mask.
THORAX - Olive Hare's Mask.

Clan Chief

Stunning flies! Well worth the wait.

silverbutcher

Perfect Col, I've just shown it to Gordon and he said " that's the one ".

He found an old one chewed up one in his box. It's all thats left.

I've tried to tie them up, but I cannae dae muddlers very well. I'll use that photo as my template though and have another go.

All the best

Billy

Crawhin

Col - you seem to be a 'big-tag' man on your loch wets!

Ian

muddler54

tied one of john sinclairs lochmaddys,  hope i did it justice....

Black-Don

Claret Dabbler

Go easy, it's my first ever dabbler, criticism welcome but I know I need to improve my photography for a start. I've been loading the pics at 3.2 meg but can goto 12 meg don't know if this would improve detail or whether lighting is to blame. Maybe a wee light box would help ?

Fishtales

Don

If you are using a tripod drop your ISO to 100 or 200, set Aperture to it's largest setting, whitebalance to Incandescent, indoor or fluorescent depending on the lighting you are using, if daylight set it for that. Set the camera to micro, move the camera in as close to the fly as you can without casting any shadows, manually focus it, then press the button to check if the auto focus knocks it off. If it does move the camera back or forward slightly and try again. When you are satisfied that all the fly is in focus set the timer and press the button all the way down, try not to move the camera, release and wait for the timer to take the picture. Check the picture if you can without moving the camera and if the back or front of the picture is out of focus either, move the camera forward or back slightly or drop the aperture by a stop. If you have a bracketing function then set that and it will take three pictures at different apertures and you will see which is the best for sharpness.

HTH.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

scotfly

scotfly

Quote from: col on March 06, 2009, 10:24:19 AM
black and copper wire spider.

Col

What a gorgeous little spider Col, and very nicely tied too.  :8)

Go To Front Page