News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

UK Consumers Boycotting EU Goods

Started by Wildfisher, April 05, 2021, 11:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

The  Eu's own figures are showing a 27% decrease in EU exports to the UK as UK consumers appear to be actively boycotting EU goods following the bloc's disgraceful post Brexit behaviour and especially their petulant vaccine tantrums.  Not even slightly surprising really.

emc

Most reports are about the  drop in exports and resultant doom and gloom. Nice to see it from the other aspect.

Inchlaggan

Food and goods now coming in from non-EU countries- mostly China and Africa - as they no longer have to meet EU standards.
Two shiploads of -70C freezers arrived from China for vaccine storage, filled with EU-banned CFC's. Veg arriving in refrigerated containers without an inert atmosphere. >1500 Watt vacuums appearing for sale. Predictions that the soft fruit industry here is finished.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Great news for the third world famers who were intentionally crippled and kept in poverty by EU protectionism. The world is a big place.  :8) 

Bobfly

Surprised to read about the fridges with CFCs. I thought we were not altering these standards.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Quote from: Bobfly on April 05, 2021, 12:41:57 PM
I thought we were not altering these standards.

We are not. It's most likely fake news and if it's not they won't be used anyway. Unlike of course German cars with emissions cheat devices fitted.  :lol:

burnie

I read that Germany has lost over £2 billion in exports to the UK already and they are fuming.

Wildfisher

Quote from: burnie on April 05, 2021, 12:50:41 PM
I read that Germany has lost over £2 billion in exports to the UK already and they are fuming.

Their cars were certainly fuming anyway ............... cough ...........  :lol:

Terrier

Quote from: admin on April 05, 2021, 12:58:05 PM
Their cars were certainly fuming anyway ............... cough ...........  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Go To Front Page