News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New Gun Licence And Ownership Restrictions

Started by Wildfisher, August 15, 2021, 10:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caorach

Quote from: tomcatin on August 16, 2021, 09:22:35 PM
I don't know about crazy restrictions ......... but quite apart from being authorised to hold 17,000 rounds, who the hell in NI or elsewhere need 13 handguns??

I guess it is similar to asking who needs 13 fishing rods when one should do? There are quite a few target disciplines for handgun and if you want to take part in them you need a suitable pistol, in some there is a "power" requirement so you can be in low power or high power and being in low power makes it hard to win (less recoil means it is more easily shot, faster, so there are handicaps applied). I also guess it is nice to have a .22 type pistol to shoot indoors that is cheap for ammo so you can get in practice...

So while I sort of see your point and although I know nearly nothing about handgun shooting and don't do it I do know there are lots of different reasons to have lots of different handguns, in the same way as anglers often need different rods for different purposes. Certainly in NI I'm not aware of legally held handguns having been shown to be more dangerous than fishing rods.

Wildfisher

Quote from: caorach on August 17, 2021, 03:17:57 PM
I guess it is similar to asking who needs 13 fishing rods

Lightweight, I have 35  :lol:

Go To Front Page