News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Red Castle Morning

Started by Wildfisher, November 29, 2022, 10:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Yesterday was glorious.  :)

[attachimg=1]

Fishtales

Very nice. Are those stepping stones or a croy across the stream?
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

andy m

ha ha sandy I was just about to ask Fred the very same you beat me to it. what a beautiful county Angus is cracking picture looks so peaceful river entering the sea but sure I've read before it's a dangerous area when the tide comes in been a few drownings over the years I think

Wildfisher

Sandy -  These blocks were part of beach defences from WW2. There is still a pill box up in the dunes. The beach was a prime landing area for a German invasion.

Andy - yes the beach has a bad reputation for dangerous currents and drowning. I witnessed two men drowning there when I was a teenager. One guy had got swept out and the second tried to rescue him. Both drowned. The first man's family were on the each and the wee kids were howling for their daddy. It was one of the most traumatic things I ever witnessed and just thinking about it as I type this brings back just how helpless we all were to save them. I have a tear in my eye just recalling it. It took ages for the rescue helicopter to arrive. This was well before the days of cell phones.

andy m

oh am sorry Fred that's a terrible thing to have witnessed feel bad now that I mentioned its dangers as a beach

Wildfisher

That's OK Andy. When you are a kid as I was then you tend to brush these things off easier. It's something that comes to mind from time to  time, oddly though not when I'm back on the beach as I am quite often. A terrible tragedy for the families involved. Lunan Bay is one of the finest beaches in Scotland as is St. Cyrus a wee bit  farther north. Within such beauty lies such danger. Reputably there are quicksands there too although I have never seen them.

Go To Front Page