News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

scourie package

Started by auchendennan, January 24, 2013, 11:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auchendennan

I see the scourie hotel are running a fishing package deal in april just now. Has anyone fished the scourie lochs at that time of year. Is the fishing good then or would you recommend going later?

Wildfisher

I'd say it's much too early. I have fished up that way in April and it was disappointing. The special deal probably  just confirms that if it was good they would not have to offer special deals. :D

auchendennan

Thanks for that advice will probably wait till late may/june

superscot

Maybe even well into July

Malcolm

I've fished a lot in Sutherland and wouldn't be going in April. May can be great but there are some days even in May which are brutally cold
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Billy

I used that deal two seasons on the trot. Second week in April but only for a long weekend.

I must admit I was lucky with the weather both years and had some good days in the hills. Hard work and there are a few fish which will give them selves up but when you go through the hotel all the big fish are caught during June and July. A bit dis-heartening when your looking at the cases in early April.

Getting into the hotel is nigh on impossible later in the season and it will be fully booked through the best times.

Camping is a good option with some really good lochs available through the local angling club. Permits can be bought in the petrol station.

Billy

Highlander

I concur, think April is a tad early if just for the weather situation. My one & onlly time there was July & fishing was excellent.
David (Sandfly) is a regular visitor to the hotel but he seems to have dropped off the radar off late.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Allan Crawford

Wouldnt write the fishing off in April ( a big difference between the start and end of April) but you would need to get lucky with the weather, or maybe more accurate to say dont get unlucky! Whumpers will be stirring and looking for a big mouth full, a stealthy approach at the shallow end of the loch.

Billy

Quote from: Highlander on January 26, 2013, 02:47:29 PM
I concur, think April is a tad early if just for the weather situation. My one & onlly time there was July & fishing was excellent.
David (Sandfly) is a regular visitor to the hotel but he seems to have dropped off the radar off late.
Tight Lines

Dave had a big fish (6lb) this year in June.

I believe he won a bottle and got his name on the trophy for the largest trout of the season.

Billy

Go To Front Page