News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Cleaning Your Lines

Started by Wildfisher, May 12, 2013, 01:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

So, really, what we are saying is fly  casting and fly line supply  really has its roots in the failed British motor industry. Ironic.  :lol:

Wildfisher

Actually, more seriously - I got  pack of these things this morning and cleaned a few lines and rods  :shock:

The line I had cleaned the other day still produced a lot of muck on the Armourall wipe. Think I'll head out to a field now, can anyone  lend me  a measuring tape and a baseball cap?  (Sage or Orvis would be preferred).  :D

Inchlaggan

I can lend you a 5m tape, that should do it.
No Sage or Orvis cap though, would a Hardy do?
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Quote from: Inchlaggan on May 14, 2013, 12:35:52 PM
No Sage or Orvis cap though, would a Hardy do?
Hardy?  You're kidding me, right? That's a bit like going shooting with a spaniel that  has a tail. You'd be laughed off the grass.   :D

haresear

Quote from: admin on May 14, 2013, 12:30:00 PM
Actually, more seriously - I got  pack of these things this morning and cleaned a few lines and rods  :shock:

The line I had cleaned the other day still produced a lot of muck on the Armourall wipe. Think I'll head out to a field now, can anyone  lend me  a measuring tape and a baseball cap?  (Sage or Orvis would be preferred).  :D

Ranfurly not good enough for you now Fred? :D

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Alan, there's a better way. Bizarrely it's called fishing.  :lol:

I just tried it but not even Armourall could help a 4 wt cope with that wind and Alex - that was with me wearing a Ranfurly  bunnet.  :D

I'm currently negotiating a deal with the local car accessories shop. Wildfisher fly lines will be displayed for sale next to the Armourall wipes, but will be badge engineered and sold under the new name CARRIE-OH Fly lines.  See the motor trade connection?  :8) 

Go To Front Page