News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Don Trust News March 2010

Started by diverdave, March 21, 2010, 04:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diverdave

Don Trust News:

Dave Gordon, RDT Chairman is standing down as a Director, easing back his workload a little and perhaps take a more hands on role within the Trust.

Dave was the Trusts first Chairman and wrote the Trusts constitution, and in that he stipulated that the Chair must step down every year, though may be re elected. Dave has decided that having had an excellent year of achievements for the Trust, and having met all the Trusts FMP milestones, that it was time to ease back a little, and perhaps even get a day or two clear to go fishing!

Dave said ?I have really enjoyed the first year of the River Don Trust.. I have had a very intense year as Chair, very ably supported by my fellow Directors but I have decided to ease back my workload. I recognise that as a Director I would never be able to slow down properly or to let go the reigns, so I have decided to resign as a Director of the Trust as well. The Directors very kindly asked me to continue to assist the Trust so I can ease back my workload and at the same time continue to enjoy the areas of Trust work I get most satisfaction from.?

Dave will now be the River Don Trust's River Manager responsible for line managing the Trust Biologist and driving the Fishery Management Plan forward

Trust stalwart, Iain Morrison is to take over the demanding role of RDT chair and was voted in by the unanimous vote of his fellow directors. Iain is a driving force within the Trust, and is looking forward to the challenge, and to continuing the teamwork of working with Dave in delivering the Trusts objectives.

Iain noted ? we have a great team within the RDT, and have made excellent progress. Dave and I will continue to work together, and I am sure we will be able to continue to make good progress against the FMP and to further develop the Trust?

The Trust also has a new director. Duncan McKay is joining the Trust team, taking years of management experience with him. Like all directors he was chosen to assist as he has huge enthusiasm for the River Don, and has agreed to become the Trusts Publicity and fundraising director.

Duncan described how he felt about the Trust. ?I was surprised to hear that Dave was standing down but I am looking forward to working with the strong Trust team to promote the River Don's interests and hope we can build on the solid foundations put in place to date"

Additional information at www.riverdon.org.uk

Wildfisher

Quote from: diverdave on March 21, 2010, 04:05:56 PM
Duncan described how he felt about the Trust. ?I was surprised to hear that Dave was standing down but I am looking forward to working with the strong Trust team to promote the River Don's interests and hope we can build on the solid foundations put in place to date"

Duncan is not the only one who is surprised Dave.

An important reason I decided to support the Don Trust and try to promote it and fund raise through our web sites, in spite of  misgivings I have over some areas  of  the river administration, in particular the perennial question of misuse of the   PO and the exclusion of day ticket trout fishers by some proprietors,   was because I  believed you  be a good communicator, a genuine guy and a  positive influence.  I have to say  I have little confidence  in others  I have met involved in various aspects of the river management  none of whom, have your experience  and in-depth knowledge of the area.   That said I certainly have not met them all.

This does not, in my opinion, bode well. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Wildfisher

I have spoken to Dave about this and he has  clarified the position. The  ?reshuffle? was very necessary and certainly justified. Everything appears well and it?s business as usual at the River Don Trust.

Go To Front Page