News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Mythical Magic Fishing Bullets

Started by Wildfisher, January 14, 2011, 03:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: guest on January 14, 2011, 07:15:16 PM
You see comp fisher's with 32 different spools of line. Are they really necessary ?
:lol:

Aye Donald, you are right. I got a free DVD sent with some Fishtec junk mail last  year. I watched it anyway and actually it was OK in an odd sort of way. It was also a bit of an eye opener. Matt Hayes was fishing on Grafham Reservoir with some guy who was the world champion  stockie basher of that year. This guy had a mobile tackle shop in the  boat with him with,as you say, 32 different fly lines (it may have been 33 actually  :D).

So I'm watching this and thinking to myself, what the  f**k is this all about  :?

"It's fly fishing  Jim, but not as we know it"   :lol:

Inchlaggan

Quote from: guest on January 14, 2011, 06:02:47 PM
You might have a job finding it too? :D
Ah ken whaur the spools ur.... the rest is up to you.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Black-Don

Quote from: guest on January 14, 2011, 07:15:16 PM
You see comp fisher's with 32 different spools of line. Are they really necessary ?

Quote from: admin on January 14, 2011, 07:25:42 PM
:lol:

Aye Donald, you are right.

So I'm watching this and thinking to myself, what the  f**k is this all about  :?

"It's fly fishing  Jim, but not as we know it"   :lol:

I was talking about the amount of fly lines they have Fred but fair point.   :wink:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:

EDIT: added winking smiley.

alancrob

This kind of ties in with the previous thread about innovation. What was the last "new" thing you bought that did make a difference?

A.

Sandison

Bruce Sandison

Inchlaggan

Quote from: alancrob on January 14, 2011, 08:21:54 PM
This kind of ties in with the previous thread about innovation. What was the last "new" thing you bought that did make a difference?

A.
SWMBO#2!
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

bushy palmer

I recently read Trout Bum by John Gierach. Early on he describes a condition which we all suffer when new to fishing. He calls it Voidophobia- the unreasoning fear of empty vest pockets.

" I didn't know exacly what I needed, but clearly I needed a lot of stuff, enough stuff to make me clank and rattle when I walked, to strain the single stitched seams of my cheap vest, enough to put me in the same league with the guys who were catching all the fish."

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on January 15, 2011, 02:12:14 PM
Fast Action, best label in the world, nobody knows what it actually means but everyone agrees its better than slow :lol:
:roflmao  a cracker!

east wind

The blurb says "Cast further for longer"

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/reels/airflo-balance-fly-reel/40/no/46666&Affiliate=4,397

Buy now and save ?150 off RRP
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

I doubt if I would ever buy anything from Fishtec. Best leave it to the stockie bashers.

Go To Front Page