News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

On the 1st week of Christmas....

Started by alancrob, December 05, 2014, 06:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alancrob

..my true love went shopping!

I assume most people are like me and the other half has no idea what you are actually doing when you go fishing.

So just imagine for a moment that she goes to a "fishing shop" or even worse types "fishing" into Amazon.

How bad could it be? (Or has been)

A tasteful t-shirt with a leaping 'bow.

A card of 6 loch style flies?

A good book?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/101-Golden-Rules-Fishing-Beattie/dp/0091920167/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1417802704&sr=8-3&keywords=fishing

How bad could it be?

A.

Wildfisher

This is dangerous ground. It's unlikely that even an  angler could buy an appropriate fishing gift for another.

Bobfly

Dangerous ground indeed. Luckily my youngsters (?) learned long since to make discrete enquiries so that wasted purchases are avoided. If all else fails they know that malts are the fall back !!!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Lochan_load

I always ask for one fishing present a year, my anvil atlas arrived yesterday......just need to wait til bloody Christmas to get my hands on it!!

bushy palmer

Aye I've got more unread John Wilson books and still-cellophane-wrapped Bob Nudd DVD's than you can shake a stick at!

I am reliably informed though- that it is the thought that counts. :roll:

Wildfisher

The ultimate angler's Christmas gift would be fishing socks.    :lol:

bushy palmer

Dunno Fred- I reckon I'd get the some use out of them.

Certainly more useful than the Robson Green DVD I received as a present a few years back :D

Wildfisher

I am still scarred by the memory of one Christmas fishing gift. My grandparents proudly presented me  with a steel spinning rod, delighted they had found a unique item of tackle that no one else I knew would have. It was about 7 feet or so and came in 3 or 4  sections with screw together  ferrules.

Even as a 13 year old  I think I managed to hide my disappointment. If the rod was bent it never straightened out properly and all my pals took great delight in tormenting me about it.  :lol:

It still haunts me to this day.  :lol:

Bobfly

At least you were not struck by lightning, I still remember the rods made from tank aerials !!!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on December 06, 2014, 09:59:24 PM
:( xmas sucks.

Not really, it's just something else you have to take responsibility for and shape it  to suit yourselves. For years now I have had an arrangement with all my friends and relations not to bother with the ritual swapping of gifts. It makes no sense to any of us to do it, so why do it?

Some people genuinely enjoy it, it's nice when you have young kids, but for us it's great not to have a walk on part in the circus.

Go To Front Page