News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Hybrid Fluoro/Mono lines

Started by johnny boy, April 20, 2020, 10:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Never heard of a hybrid mix & to be quite honest I would probably stay clear of it. Likewise Fluo & Double Strength
latter are useless for fishing despite the manufacturers claims. Like Sandy I have tried many lines over the years & whilst most of them were fine & still today stick to Maxima Chameleon for highland lochs Salmon & Sea Trout & Drennan Sub Surface for rivers.
I still hanker back for Luxor Kroic & Racine Tortue which were probably the first decent nylons on the market in the 60s likewise Platil & Stylcast which were good too.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

arawa

My order of Yo-Zuri arrived amazingly quickly from Garry Evans.
First impressions, it is a fair bit stiffer than my usual tippet - not a problem for me as I actually prefer a stiffer tippet for use on windy days. But the Yo Zuri is much thicker. I hesitate to mention a fluoro  :shock: as so many on this forum hate them, but Seaguar 6.6lb is 0.185mm and the Yo-Zuri 6lb is 0.254mm. Holding them together the difference is very noticeable. Some might argue that the diameter difference when fishing does not matter; my experience on very clear hill lochs suggests otherwise. But there is a massive massive price difference in favour of the Yo-Zuri.
Look forward to trying it on the water

Bobfly

The Stroft nylon mono is a big seller in many many countries. Yo-zuri is very thick. At 0.22mm Stroft is 11.2lbs, at 0.2mm it is 9.2lbs and the 6.6lbs is down at 0.16mm. I have been using mostly the 0.2 but also the 0.18 which is 7.9lbs and the spool price is about £6.50 for 100m.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Laxdale

I suppose since I only use Yozurri for salmon, I never paid any attention to the diameter. Salmon are wary, but not line shy. I will not use less than 12lb bs on salmon. It seems much the same diameter as 12lb bs Maxima, or so close as to be the same.

Go To Front Page