News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Bushwhacker fly rod

Started by Wildfisher, May 11, 2020, 10:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

My local river is so overgrown in places it's more akin to the Burmese jungle than glorious Angus,  breadbasket of Scotland and home to more oracles than Delphi.

A very useful rod would very short, mid auctioned  about 6 foot 2 or 3 weight. Is such a thing available?

Noddy

There's a Shakespeare Agility 2 Rise Fly Rod 6ft 3 weight.

Jim

Wildfisher

That sounds interesting thanks

Wildfisher

Just ordered one on Amazon. £42. Could have got it a few quid cheaper elsewhere, but I get free delivery with Amazon Prime. Plus if it's shit I can send it back.  :lol:   Cheap enough too that I don't have worry if it break it in the jungle.

I'll have it on Wednesday - just in time for the Furst Min. opening the Scottish fishing season.  :lol:

sagecirca

Hardy did/done a rod called the Demon in 6ft and I'm positive it was a 2 weight. It's at least ten years old now so should be pretty cheap if you find one...

Sean Freeman

Wildfisher

I'd be  too worried I broke it.  :lol:

Bobfly

Get yourself a proper old style hazel 6 foot wand out the bankside thickets. Time to harvest a dozen before the growth gets too thick. Then you can test the action on your dozen wands and be fully ready with matching line labelling for when you will be finally sprung loose for angling action.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page