News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Garve Area Highlands : Fishing Holiday Advice

Started by robert5711, May 21, 2008, 03:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert5711

Hello, Coming back to Scotland as an Exile from Slovakia 1st week June, and was wondering if anyone can give me advice on the best fishing lochs in the Garve area. Which ones should I concentrate my efforts on, Meig, Achonachie etc. Any help or someone's experience appreciated, cheers Swifty

dseabass

http://www.achonachieangling.co.uk/index.htm

was up at meig 2-3 weeks ago , and we done ok ,1st time fishing this loch and will definately try it again
it fished better at the opposite end of the dam , its shallower there
if you get a boat its ?20 thats if you are by yourself , but its still ?20 if there are two of you , so its the same price as bank fishing if there are two of you as its ?10 per person from the bank ,, "does that make sense ?? " 
you also get to fish part of the conon and blackwater rivers for around the same price , havn,t tried the rivers yet but they do look fishy ,especially in another couple of weeks
tight lines

davey

robert5711

Thanks Davey, based on the above tips, I have booked the boats for Meig, Scardoy and Acchonachie. Have also booked a Day on Loch Benevean, so should be a varied week. Will try the rivers as well, will tell you how we get on,

cheers Swifty     

superscot

superscot

Quotedeep in the heartland of The Scottish Midge

Carefully chosen words ! What yer really saying is bloody dreadful when the wind drops !..been there and have the medals to prove it !

dseabass

it wasnt midges that were bugging us ,,as soon as the wind dropped millions of these things appeared ,dont know what they were , mate said they were sand flys ,,funny thing is no rises appeared on the loch and there were millions of them , they seemed more attracted to my mates black fleece , as soon as the slightest breeze got up they disappeared again  ,,took great delight in tellin my mate all those little f##kers were shaggin on his back  :lol:

Go To Front Page