News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New to the forum & looking for info

Started by R1CHY, January 29, 2009, 02:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1CHY

Hi,

Took fishing back up again last year and was just using local trout fisherys.

Recently started buyin some new gear ready for this season.

Unfortunetly i do not fly fish but hoping to try it this year (anyone fancy spending a few hours showing me the basics for some beer tokens?? lol) as by the looks of it, its the way forward.

So i'm currently bait fishing and looking for any info on places to trout fish in the Renfrewshire and surrounding areas, preferably Loch & River.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers :wink:

Wildfisher

Welcome to the forum Richy. I'm sure our helpful bunch of members will only be too willing to offer advice and show you the ropes.

R1CHY

Cheers Whaup. i actually have his flyer in the house so will give him a bell in a few weeks and take it from there.

River Chatter

Decided to take up fly fishing eh? You've just made the best decision of your life! And I agree totally with The Whaup. Do yourself a favour and avoid the pain and frustration by getting a pro to get things underway. Good luck and welcome to the forum - you'll love it, I do.  :D

Sandison

You have come to the right place. If there is any way in which I can help, let me know. But the disorganised bunch of utterly laid-back useless lay-abouts gathered around this forum know more about practical wild fishing than any group of people that I know. And a lot of them have serious walking boots and tents - so take care, but welcome aboard.
Bruce Sandison

Wildfisher

Quote from: Sandison on January 29, 2009, 08:34:55 PM
But the disorganised bunch of utterly laid-back useless lay-abouts gathered around this forum know more about practical wild fishing than any group of people that I know.

'tis worn as a badge of honour............................. :D

You?re right though Bruce. The only was to become an angler is serve the long apprenticeship and put in the hours. Plowterin? aboot in wee dubs is no shortcut.

Go To Front Page