News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Lessons in Fife

Started by alancrob, July 29, 2009, 05:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alancrob

I got a message from Zeolite last week saying he had been at a casting tuition session at a local fishery and that it was on again this week.
So being in need of all the help I can get I trotted off on Monday. 2 Locals, both active on the other forum, were in position. Paid my ?5 to the fishery since he wasn't getting any money from fishing, set up my rod, met Z and the mut and wandered round.

My casting being as random as it is I am always wary of letting anyone else see me at work. Not a problem. These 2 were as friendly as our own forumites and happy to give advice all night long. Wee tips, demonstrations. "try it with my new Orvis" etc. Treated as long lost friends and my casting improved with very little adjustment.

I will let Iain tell how we ended the night but I have never cast a full line before!

More of the same next Monday if anyone wants to join the fun. There were 5 of us with 2 instructors last week. Nice of the 2 to be willing to come along and help.

Alan

RichardL

Hi Alan

Where abouts were the lessons?  I might come along next week.

Thanks

alancrob

Might help if I told you where?  :roll:

Fort Springs Fishery just outside Kennoway. Grid reference - NO 342 068. It is so wee it does not show up on OS map untill you go 1:25000.

A.

Harpo

Quote from: RichardL on July 29, 2009, 09:21:11 PM
Hi Alan

Where abouts were the lessons?  I might come along next week.

Thanks

After watching your gracefull loops the other day as you gently casted the Turks Tarantula with the Nypmh hanging off it, I think it will be you instructing the instructors  :tongue2

Go To Front Page