News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scottish Game Fair Scone.

Started by Brian Mcg, June 29, 2011, 01:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Mcg

Anybody going from the Forum? Pop into the GAIA tent and say hello.

Brian

Otter Spotter

I am off to Torridon on Friday!
Living in Perth its the best thing to do when the Game fair is in town. It is a good event but in general the traffic management is a disgrace and the whole town comes to a complete standstill.
Best approach is to don the chesties and wade across the Tay.  :lol:
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

haresear

I'm fishing too. Never made it to a Game Fair yet.

I noticed Andrew Toft and James Tomlinson are doing the casting displays, which would be good to see. The forecast is pretty good with light winds and dry too, so it should go well on the day.

Alex

Protect the edge.

burnie

Since a bought a "hundred pound bunnet" there,not sure if I'm allowed to go any more :D

Wildfisher

I am banned from the Scone Game Fair for attempting to disguise my collie as a spaniel. I got the colour spot on but forgot to cut her tail off. The fake Barbour jacket and the Che Guevara   t-shirt with "Raptors Rool Ye Bass" on the  back did not go down well either.

OK I admit it, like Alan and Alex I'm going fishing.  :D

corsican dave

unfortunately i'm having to brave the hordes on saturday, due to the memsahib working on friday. i suspect i may be in need of some GAIA hospitality by the time i've queued for parking, tickets and a decent coffee. not to mention my parents in tow. i take it there's a free bar, brian...? :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

haresear

Quote from: wee bri on June 30, 2011, 12:40:51 AM
Going to break my game fair cherry so will drop in Brian.
Pity it's the Friday for me Dave, would have enjoyed a wee natter :
Hope I'll bump into you and the dug Moray.

wee bri.........

That should be good for you Wee Bri, as Andrew Toft is doing a demo on single handed spey casting, as per your PM to me. Andrew is excellent. Naw, he's better than that.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Malcolm

I was phoning round today to see if anyone is off work on Friday but I may head up there whatever happens. I'm up in Sutherland this weekend so Friday is my only option.

Beard, bunnet, pipe, 6ft 2 and quite possibly in the company of a Norwegian Elkhound. 
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Brian Mcg

I hope to shoot the the breeze with whoever is there. Whether there is a bar or not I don't know but I will certainly give you a can of beer. Will it be cold enough for you Dave or does it matter?
It will be good seeing you again Brian and I will update you on the Casting Club.
Malcolm I am terrified of Dogs,think it goes back to going to discos in Methil. :D Be good to see you
It is half four I will nip up the River before work I am up anyway :)

Brian

scotty9

Quote from: haresear on June 30, 2011, 01:10:17 AM
Andrew is excellent. Naw, he's better than that.

Alex

Aye he's a fecking world champion  :lol:

Go To Front Page