News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scottish Game Fair Scone.

Started by Brian Mcg, June 29, 2011, 01:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Quote from: Inchlaggan on July 01, 2011, 05:05:13 PM
Gained Any Income, Anybody?

Brilliant!   I think I may have just cracked a rib there.  :roflmao   :roflmao   :roflmao  

This will be my new signature line.   :lol:

Brian Mcg

Quote from: admin on July 01, 2011, 04:33:33 PM
Gay Angling Instructor's Association ?

Only reason I joined :shock:

Brian

Wildfisher

So how did  the game fair go? Some guys were telling me that the "angler's row" had all but vanished by last year. Is it picking up again?  The actual fishing / tackle side of things I mean, not just casting demos.

I'm told the "River Don Day"  at Castle Forbes held over the past few years was a bit of a  damp squib, abandoned  this year and few tears shed over it. I sometimes think that these events would be better attended if they were held outside of the fishing season. Certainly many anglers I know would rather spend the  precious days of the open season at the waterside.

Highlander

The Tay Ghillies day near Pitlochry, first week in August is worth a go if you are in area. Bit amateurish  in comparison to a full bloodied Game Fare but a few stalls selling new & second hand gear, flies & usual burger stands oh & the obligatory casting competition.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Quote from: Highlander on July 02, 2011, 08:12:39 PM
oh & the obligatory casting competition.

:yawn

I must make a note of  that.   :lol:

Brian Mcg

Quote from: admin on July 02, 2011, 07:51:17 PM
So how did  the game fair go? Some guys were telling me that the "angler's row" had all but vanished by last year. Is it picking up again?  The actual fishing / tackle side of things I mean, not just casting demos.

I'm told the "River Don Day"  at Castle Forbes held over the past few years was a bit of a  damp squib, abandoned  this year and few tears shed over it. I sometimes think that these events would be better attended if they were held outside of the fishing season. Certainly many anglers I know would rather spend the  precious days of the open season at the waterside.

Fred, due to the weather I think it has been a very well attended Fair with everybody enjoying themselves.
I think fishing at this time of year is best suited to early morning late evening ,leaves the rest of the day for the fair.
We at the Gay Instructors tent have been run of our feet with barely enough time for a cup of tea.

Brian

Wildfisher

Good to hear it as been a success Brian, makes it worth the effort.  I didn't manage to  get fishing myself today, tomorrow is another matter though.............    :8)

corsican dave

brian, you were certainly very busy when i went past. everyone deep in conversation; hence no chance to say "Hi!" :roll: glad the show went well. we had a good day and from what i could see plenty of fisher-folk were in attendance. it was nice to see a receptive audience for the demos and comps. maybe see you in ullapool? :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on July 03, 2011, 01:18:46 AM
everyone deep in conversation;

Did you notice if any of them had a glazed-over look in their eyes?   :goog

Go To Front Page