News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

I love Scotfly!

Started by piscatus absentis, February 14, 2008, 10:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piscatus absentis

Not in a carnal sense you understand.

The PTN with a gold bead has always been one of my favourites but one that I could never tie successfully - I had to buy them.  Then I saw Scotfly's feather and copper wire version.  I also like it with the fibres pulled over the bead. Now thanks to that man I think I've got it.  Just a wee bit more practice and I might manage it on a 16.

Give the man a big hand!

Wildfisher

Aye, considering he's fae SW Scotland he's no' bad is oor Dennis   :D

Yes, Dennis has been an asset  to the forum and to Fish Wild.  His SBS's have improved my flyting enormously    :applause

Keep up the good work Dennis.

scotfly

ooer mrs, I get nervous when a bloke says he loves me  :wall2
But thank you for the sentiment.
Now, just half the length of the tail and they're perfect.  8)

shanksi

Valentine's day and love messages on the forum, ahhhhhh :gay4

Have to say using Dennis's SBS's have allowed me to understand more about fly tying.  Only problem is office arer wondering why phot copier is using so much paper. :o

shanksi

The General

Shanksi
I am afraid to ask as you have never commented.   How did you get  on with the DHE's  did you give them a good chance
last season and thru Scotfly are you now tying your own?

Scotfly-----the tyings are excellent but the photography impresses me even more  :clap; :applause

Davie

Wildfisher

Quote from: The General on February 15, 2008, 11:19:25 AM
Scotfly-----the tyings are excellent but the photography impresses me even more  :clap; :applause
steady Davie, the bugger will be wanting paid if we're not careful    :D

shanksi

Quote from: The General on February 15, 2008, 11:19:25 AM
Shanksi
I am afraid to ask as you have never commented.   How did you get  on with the DHE's  did you give them a good chance
last season and thru Scotfly are you now tying your own?

Davie

Sorry Davie meant to post and forgot all about it.  Managed to get a couple of brownies on the Clyde with them both about 1/2 lb mark.  Josh tried them as well and managed to get a brownie on the White Cart.
After saying I would never tie my own flies finally gave in and am really enjoying it.  Have used the SBS's posted on here by Dennis and on his other fly tying site and also joined a fly tying club run by Dave Downie where he sent out a dvd every month showing a sbs and also a video of how to tie the flies and he also gave you the three flies he had tied.  Still a beginner and loads to learn but will carry on as long as I'm enjoying it.

shanksi

Go To Front Page