News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Non Fishing Stuff / Re: Viking sword
Last post by Bobfly - April 08, 2024, 01:01:42 AM
I have a Norwegian Helle Gaupe which I got about 30+ years ago. A similar curve for skinning deer and a nice compact knife. Has a cobbled up sheath which I need to get replaced !
Last post by Crawhin - April 08, 2024, 12:07:06 AM
Vey nice - lovely blade and beautiful spalted wood handle.
Last post by Bobfly - April 07, 2024, 08:36:25 PM
Looks a very good working knife blade at the double edge point. Looks great Liam.
Last post by SoldierPmr - April 07, 2024, 02:43:26 PM
I'll have a couple of these available soon if any stalkers about are interested. This one is going to a ranger who deals with around 500 deer a year. With a small harpoon point to assist with the initial entry. More focused to a skinning knife than grlocking I've tried to incorporate both tasks into the knife but leant more towards skinning.
IMG_0570.jpg
IMG_0572.jpg
For Sale / Wanted / Fly rods
Last post by Scozzie - April 01, 2024, 12:23:07 PM
Hi I just bought 2 Maxcatch sky high series 10ft 7 wt fly rods used 1 once but finding them to difficult with arthritis in my hand so selling them on bought £150 will sell £120 if any body interested
Trout Fishing / Re: Poor start to the season
Last post by Scozzie - April 01, 2024, 12:15:39 PM
Same been out a couple of times on local club water and never saw a sign of life water cold think fish are deep even using sweep lines not a touch need water temp up a few degrees
Last post by mattheweastham - March 31, 2024, 07:03:29 PM
If it's any consolation, not much different south of the border. Repeated lifts to the main stem rivers putting them pretty much out of action the entire time. I've been out four times so far and have had to go sub surface for the majority of the time, mainly nymphs as I'm trying to discipline myself to keep clear of streamer pulling. A dozen or so trout to about 3lb have obliged. I've only had two fish off the top, both sporadic risers that were having an odd windblown LDO from under the bank. The only proper hatch I've dropped on was last Wednesday - a flush of MB which started at 14:07 and lasted until 14:13. A single fish rose once towards the end of that 6 minute period and I didn't manage to get into position to cover it.
Typical early season stuff around my neck of the woods.
The weather around here has been cack for trout fishing for nearly 9 months now. Surely it's got to change soon?
Matt
Last post by Laxdale - March 31, 2024, 12:42:05 PM
I had my first proper go at sea trout yesterday (caught loads by mistake all winter).I managed 5 proper overwintered trout to 55cms plus a few wee finnock in 2 hours. Condition score would have been 5/5, and they were that silver the spots were hard to see. No idea what they found to be feeding on all winter, but there was plenty of what ever it was! The big seas had them right inshore feeding on the inside of 12ft breaking waves. Just need to wait until the wind, wave, time and tide align again for another try.
Last post by scobo - March 30, 2024, 09:15:19 PM
March has been shocking, so bloody wet and cold.
Was down in Peebles yesterday visiting a relative. Still snow on the hills down there too although not that unusual for this time of year I suppose.
Think it'll be at least another week or two before I start fishing judging by the forecast.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Tropical Fish in the Aust...
Last post by Wildfisher - March 28, 2024, 05:45:36 PM
Either way introducing aliens is not a good idea -  unless they are trout of course.  ;D
Go To Front Page