News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wild Swimming - Scotland

Started by Wildfisher, November 11, 2021, 04:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I note this a group keeps coming up in my Fb feed.

65K members. I'd guess few if any fishing pages have that many members.

Back in the 1970s we used to do a bit of wild swimming. Back then of course it was just called swimming.   :lol:

emc

Swam in many a river  and loch. Just something you did. Certainly wasn't a big thing.

Laxdale

Hoolet

Aye & the rivers and lochs aren't very clean either .....😁

Hoolet
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

Wildfisher

superscot

Far too cauld for that carry on  :D :D

Wildfisher

Aye Colin it's certainly for the young and foolish!   :lol:

arawa

Quote from: admin on November 13, 2021, 07:08:13 PM
Aye Colin it's certainly for the young and foolish!   :lol:

Those who swim in front of our house are mainly ladies in their (bit ungallant I know!) mid/late 60s and perhaps a little older. And very noisy indeed shouting to each other. I don't think they realise how sound carries over water.

Bobfly

There are two ladies around about 40ish who go to a loch near Stirling where I am out in the tube. One almost talks really loudly for every yard of the way as they swim around. The other makes a very occasional short reply. The sound carries right across the water surface which is right where I am and amounts to more than all the dogs and walkers and cyclists and paddleboarders added together. Incredibly the two of them are only 4 or 5 feet apart.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Clan Chief

It was always drummed into me from a young age by my parents and teachers at school. never to go swimming in lochs reservoirs and rivers because of the obvious dangers! Now its encouraged and championed in all manner of media!!!!! Changed days!!

Go To Front Page