News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

5 weight rod

Started by BillBones, July 11, 2009, 03:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

Quote from: Clan Ford on July 12, 2009, 09:02:00 PM
Or maybe this one:-

http://www.sportfish.co.uk/product/redington-core-performance-freshwater-rods

I've never used one but plenty seem to like it.

Norm

Don't redington use sage blanks? Or have i made this up? If i'm right well worth a look in for the money....

I use a Shakey trion 9ft 5/6 with a 5wt line and like it quite a lot! In saying that i'd probably buy something better if funds allowed me and the need was strong enough but I get by perfectly well. Worth a look-in if you fancy saving some pennies! Also have a look on ebay for any second hand deals going about, you never know your luck.

Clan Ford

Quote from: scotty9 on July 14, 2009, 01:37:16 AM
Don't redington use sage blanks? Or have i made this up? If i'm right well worth a look in for the money....

I think Sage took over Redington and some of the blanks are manufactured in the same factory, not quite sure if that's the same thing as using the same blanks but not far off.

Norm

scotty9

Quote from: Clan Ford on July 14, 2009, 09:18:41 AM
I think Sage took over Redington and some of the blanks are manufactured in the same factory, not quite sure if that's the same thing as using the same blanks but not far off.

Norm

Thanks for the information! Definitely worth a look in then IMO! Having never tried their rods I don't know but someone could maybe pick up a nice surprise by trying a couple...  :D

Go To Front Page