News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

There's life in GCC yet then!  Good stuff guys.  That's pretty impressive stuff from Scott.  :D

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on November 12, 2013, 11:46:53 PM
the only thing that annoys me is the BFCC this year was advertised as ''in conjunction with gcc'' no one noticed it was gone yet there are some still happy to trade on it.

It's just a fact of life than some will try to latch onto or freeload off the success and effort of others. 

Wildfisher

GCC was astonishing really and its record speaks for itself. There were attempts to copy it elsewhere. Up in the north east, for example,  the attempts failed and that may have been down to a  difference in ethos.

13Fisher1

Quote from: Alan on November 12, 2013, 11:46:53 PM
There is life in the guys that got together regularly because they do that anyway, whether they do it at the original venue is another matter, the only thing that annoys me is the BFCC this year was advertised as ''in conjunction with gcc'' no one noticed it was gone yet there are some still happy to trade on it.

So from the "past tense" being used in these posts are we saying that the GCC is dead, finished or are you comparing support today to some time in the past?

Teither

That's just what I'm wondering, Colin. Not for the first time in this thread I don't get the language being used. The numbers are indeed much scaled down compared with years 1 and 2  but the club continues ! For the record, the GCC is formally approved to date and is fully insured to function, again to date.
Alan, you've been there on umpteen occasions this year so I don't understand why you talk about it being gone.
Next year may well be problematic because no monies were collected this year to fund next year's insurance so a re-think will almost certainly be needed. It remains to be seen whether there will be sufficient collective will for that to happen. The active members will be considering that over the winter period but there is a world of difference between " small-scale " and " deid " !
" Mist " or " Fog " ?

T

Teither

Thursdays, obviously, have been a no-no for some time, because there has been nae light ! That, amazingly enough, has happened every year since we started. But you are right that some weeks in the later part of the summer and in the autumn no-one turned up. But some of  us have been there on occasions when you were not there, Alan. Getting toward the season end low turnout is also to be expected as people try to get in their last fishing opportunities, and this is especially noticeable given our much-reduced turnouts generally. It's also true that, unlike our first two years, we have not been well-served by the weatherman, especially this year.
Sundays still attract the double-handers and will continue to do so throughout the winter, weather permitting, as well as anyone else who feels like coming along.
The GCC is not " finished ".
So, Colin, and anyone else who feels like it, just arrive and do your thing. " Never heed whit the hoodies croak for doom !! "
T

Teither

I don't know, Alan. I'm unable to drive at the moment but Tom offered to run me over Sunday, if the weather is reasonable. I think Garry may pass it fairly frequently and may know the current situation.

J

Teither

Oh, I see, Alan.
I'll make my way over there tomorrow and find out the pond situation. I'll post tomorrow night.
Of course, any single-handed practice can be done on the grass, and usually is. But I take your point and I take it in the spirit of helpfulness in which it was made. Thank you.

T

Teither

I regret that I did not get over to the pond today so I cannot say whether it has been re-filled. All being well I do intend to try to get over tomorrow.
Does anyone else know if there is now water ?
T

13Fisher1

Jim, I'll drive by this week and advise if its been filled

Go To Front Page