News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

Quote from: admin on December 25, 2009, 11:38:38 AM
So how many of you sad bastards will be out casting today them ............................. :makefun

Not me anyway. Sunday is a possibility - maybe

Alex
Protect the edge.

gasman

I am up for  this sunday.         :hat2;

haresear

Quote from: Alan on December 25, 2009, 04:18:07 PM
im bringing my new 26inch distance rod....if its finished in time that is..

I'll bring an #8 Fladen to try out and also the Echo MPR with a proper line on it. I can see Malcolm buying one of the latter for those awkward spots on the Endrick.

Alex

Protect the edge.

alancrob

QuoteEcho MPR

No idea what you were talking about Alex so I googled.

http://www.stsflyfishing.com/cumbrian-fly-fishing-pages/steve-rajeff-micro-practice-fly-rod.html

Why did I not know about this little gem BEFORE Christmas?

Brilliant

Alan

haresear

Quote from: alancrob on December 26, 2009, 12:31:25 AM
No idea what you were talking about Alex so I googled.

http://www.stsflyfishing.com/cumbrian-fly-fishing-pages/steve-rajeff-micro-practice-fly-rod.html

Why did I not know about this little gem BEFORE Christmas?

Brilliant

Alan

It is a great wee thing for practice Alan. You can really fine tune your roll casts with it and all the other curves and stuff. The Wulff Fly O is a pile of shite in comparison.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Alex, is that the one Magnus has ?

haresear

Quote from: admin on December 26, 2009, 10:30:33 AM
Alex, is that the one Magnus has ?

I don't know Fred. The MPR is hollow carbon and behaves like a proper fly rod. The Wulff one is just a piece of solid fibreglass. It behaves like a sea fishing boat rod.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Malcolm

That looks interesting. Can it be used as a rod Alex? I don't think it would be much use in the Endrick or fruin where normally a very heavy fly would be used but I know a little stream where an ultra short rod would be a great advantage.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

scotty9

Was out tip casting today. With my technique anyway there seems to be a big limit on the distance you can achieve with a 4 piece rod tip. Two sections however will blast the entire line out. My logic is you need the stiffer 'butt' section. Took some videos but they haven't come out well, the light was fading so the line is hard to see in places. Will try get some video of folks tomorrow!

haresear

Quote from: Malcolm on December 26, 2009, 03:08:46 PM
That looks interesting. Can it be used as a rod Alex? I don't think it would be much use in the Endrick or fruin where normally a very heavy fly would be used but I know a little stream where an ultra short rod would be a great advantage.

I'm sure it could be used as a rod Malcolm. I usually have it with me, so have a look next time we meet.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page