News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

Quote from: Ardbeg on December 27, 2009, 10:38:49 PM
Cheers Alan,
maybe not overly suitable for my wee hovel.  It might prove useful putting on the kettle from the living room though :D

Ardbeg

It seems to work very well outdoors too. You could use it in your driveway for example, as long as you don't mind funny looks from the neighbours! I'm very tempted by one - playing with it briefly today the visual(ness) of it when practising curves is amazing! Just what i need actually!

haresear

Quote from: Ardbeg on December 27, 2009, 07:15:36 PM
What is the smallest room this will be of use in Alex?  I like the idea of this for the boys (and me)

Ardbeg

For overhead casting Steve, all I can say is you need a bigger room than an ex cooncil hoose in Cambuslang.

I would guess at 20' plus, but for roll casting you can get away with less.

I just read Alan's post and he seems to agree withe 20' guesstimate. I was doing curve cast around a lampost with it today, no doubt to the amusement of the drivers in Knightswood. I reckon it could be useful for filming/demonstrating stuff.

Alex
Protect the edge.

scotty9

We were out standing in the cold today trying to do a peaceful piece of filming and some ned came along to interrupt.... Then an 8wt fladen tried to kill Alex.

Video quality didn't come out well today hence nae more casting videos. Hopefully find out what was causing the problem.

superscot

Yer fecken mad !!!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[attachimg=1]

:makefun :makefun :makefun

scotty9

Brilliant  :lol: And yes, we are!

haresear

Quote from: Ardbeg on December 29, 2009, 12:00:00 AM
Cheers for the extra info Alex, it still might be of benefit as I've a half decent sized garden with lots of obstacles for added authenticity.

Cheers

Ardbeg

Steve, I'll bring the MPR along to to the Murthly grayling stravaig and if you can't make it, I'll give it to Bandy to pass on to you. I won't need it during February and early March as I'll be closer to the Esk in NZ than the Scottish rivers :D

It could be a useful teaching tool (with a bit of tweaking) and is very visual. Not worth the money, but what is?

Alex

Protect the edge.

gasman

Is the Glasgow casting club on this Sunday?  :8)

Gary.

haresear

Quote from: gasman on January 03, 2010, 02:02:28 AM
Is the Glasgow casting club on this Sunday?  :8)

Gary.

Aye, we're just as daft as you :lol:

Alex
Protect the edge.

gasman

Thank God I have got to get away from my kids for a couple of hours. :freeked

Gary.

haresear

Quote from: gasman on January 03, 2010, 02:21:45 AM
Thank God I have got to get away from my kids for a couple of hours. :freeked

Gary.

At least you have an excuse Gary, I'm just off my heid :lol: