News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

Quote from: Alan on February 13, 2010, 09:14:40 PM
some time ago i thought if i got a Sana hat i would no longer need to get the cakes :roll:

here is an idea... whoever looses the gasman challenge gets the cakes the following week??

Need a good scoring system and an honest referee  :makefun

ok ill get the cakes then :lol:

scotty9

Quote from: scotty9 on February 13, 2010, 09:21:42 PM
Need a good scoring system and an honest referee  :makefun

ok ill get the cakes then :lol:

Alan - me get cakes? Nae f*ckin chance!  :lol:

scotty9

Cheapskate? CHEAPSKATE? I'm not the one that drinks the coffee....  :D Now who's the cheapskate!

aweman

Good lession today at the casting club some of the more experienced casters were unable to produce tailing loops on demand why was this   any thoughts

P.S No one asked me I can do them every time.

Malc

scotty9

Quote from: aweman on February 14, 2010, 05:28:40 PM
Good lession today at the casting club some of the more experienced casters were unable to produce tailing loops on demand why was this   any thoughts

P.S No one asked me I can do them every time.

Malc

Excuse me, i did it first time!  :D

It's because as you practice and get better you do everything you can to totally eliminate tailing loops. They have absolutely no use apart from maybe one use for slack line if you really want to dig to find a use. At least you can find a use for other 'faults'! Once you have a solid casting stroke you don't throw tailing loops.

Guddler

^^^ Ah! That makes some sense. Some days I have to stop fishing as I start making tailing loops with almost every cast. So maybe I should shorten up my casts and concentrate on crisper stops and tighten up my sloppy loops instead of trying for extra distance?

Malcolm

Quote from: aweman on February 14, 2010, 05:28:40 PM
more experienced casters

With euphemisms like that ever thought about entering politics!

Hands up from me, I'm the guilty party. It is very difficult  trying to unpick a lifetimes habits. Creating tailing loops deliberately is beyond me I'm afraid. Thoughts of becoming a fishing instructor are receding into the distance.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

scotty9

Quote from: Guddler on February 14, 2010, 07:25:31 PM
^^^ Ah! That makes some sense. Some days I have to stop fishing as I start making tailing loops with almost every cast. So maybe I should shorten up my casts and concentrate on crisper stops and tighten up my sloppy loops instead of trying for extra distance?

Really hard to give advice on that without seeing your cast. There's a fair few different causes of tails, impossible to tell you what is causing them without seeing the cast.

Malcolm - here's some easy ways:

Just bang the rod instead of casting it, thump is in a really short stroke. Use too small an arc for the rod bend.
Aim the backcast very high and the forward cast very high.
Finish the haul too soon.

These will have you tailing in no time!

gasman

Target practice today was good fun.
Alberto gave Aweman and myself a demo on mend casting, I will have to work at that.

How did you get on with Awemans rod ?

All the best ,
Gary  :8)

gasman

How about the Clyde ?

The van is fine, as long as it  gets us to Barra for two weeks at Easter I will be happy.

all the best,
  Gary  :8)

Go To Front Page