News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman

Asked Alberto about that on Sunday and he said the first Thursday after Easter,but will post to
confirm times and date.

Gary  :lol:

Squigster

I've recently been going to the Milngavie Fly Tying club on a Thursday night, and occasionally turning up at the casting club on a Sunday. Looks like I'll have to give the casting club a miss till early May if it moves to a Thurs

Teither

Will one day mean the other is " out " ?  I intend doing both, starting tomorrow !
Teither

Squigster

Now that I think about it, i'm sure it was on both a Thursday & Sunday last Summer. But i'm sure someone will be on shortly to clarify matters :D

haresear

The lease from the cooncil was for Sunday mornings as well as Thursday evenings, but I think I would rather be fishing on Sundays to be honest :), so I'll be switching to Thursdays only.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Teither

Alex,
      Undoubtedly a better option you're going for there. I'm so used to salmon fishing rules I'd blocked the Sunday fishing issue from my mind. My Teith ticket doesn't allow it. Where else is Sunday fishing allowed ?

J

haresear

Quote from: Teither on April 01, 2010, 12:24:59 AM
Alex,
      Undoubtedly a better option you're going for there. I'm so used to salmon fishing rules I'd blocked the Sunday fishing issue from my mind. My Teith ticket doesn't allow it. Where else is Sunday fishing allowed ?

J

Jim, talking of Sunday trout fishing on rivers, the UCAPA ticket lets you fish a lot of the Clyde on Sundays. The Avon AC (Lanarkshire) is another decent option, although sizewise the fish are not in the same class as the Clyde. Don't forget the Tay/Tummel system either for more quality trout fishing.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Teither

Alex
       Thanks for that. I hadn't realised that the Clyde ticket permitted Sundays. I remember from last year that Lamington didn't.
J

Teither

I went over to the pond today. I left quite early and didn't see anyone else. Conditions were far from ideal with cold, strong winds making casting a very difficult proposition. The water level was well up to the footpath and the swans were in fine fighting form.
A few fish were showing but nothing to write home about.
I believe the Thursday night sessions will start officially a fortnight from now. We may get better sport then , if the weather turns a bit kinder.

Teither

haresear

QuoteA few fish were showing but nothing to write home about.

You are aff yer heid Jim :lol: :lol:

Fair play to you, out there practising on your own without the security that numbers can bring.

You have inspired/infected me with this double-hander lark. I found myself looking at salmon fishing sites tonight. It's all your fault for making me leave my troot comfort zone. :lol:

I'll be on the banks of the Tay at Birnam (Newtyle) tomorrow, but not fishing, just gaining brownie points :8). I'm probably not the only angler in Scotland who will be glad of the rivers being out of commission at Easter (because I too will be out of commission).

Alex 

Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page