News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teither

Alex,
        I'm doing you a favour, my friend. It's time to get normal. I see from your last post on the current casting problems thread that you're fixated on the " mound of venus ". That's because trout fishing's for fannies !! :lol:
T

Malcolm

Another very enlightening and educational day at the club spent among the salmon fishers. Ian Kirk is a great demonstrator and a really helpful guy. I think I learned as much today as I have in years of fishing.

Alan had his work cut out today but his pupil was getting there at the end. I've never met anyone who held a rod quite so gently.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Teither

Anyone for Thursday night ?
Teither

haresear

QuoteAnyone for Thursday night ?

Ok Jim, I'll go for it. I fancy fishing Saturday and Sunday (if I can get away with it) as the weather looks like being decent, so Thursday at the pond will salve my guilty conscience for not making Sunday at the club.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Teither

Teither

Thanks to Alex tonight for explaining and showing me how and why the tailing loops were blighting my efforts - it's practice time now.
And Alex saw for himself the couple of old trout that inhabit the pond [ area ] ! ! But we only caught swan !!
Teither

Malcolm

I'm going to be at the casting club tonight with camera and tripod to take a series of pictures showing the whole casting stroke. I won't be taking pictures of anyone who doesn't want it. The shots will be taken in very quick succession at around 4 per second which will give you a good view of the casting stroke. I'll then try to take a movie of various people doing various casts using the movie capability of my D90 which is supposed to be very good unless people run about!

Alan will be helping as I can't take shots of myself.

To jaw like this

scotty9

I hit 108' tonight with the #5 weight. You won't believe this but I kid you not, the line was bolt straight all the way to the fly. (I must admit to it being the only one!  :lol: )

Am I **** doing a demo on distance casting next week. I'll do one on how to change direction, speys and all, every one can cast a straight line now. Time for the useful stuff i think.

Malcolm and I had some quite fascinating casting tonight. Standing to cast around 50' I would say but with no backcast room. Spey and roll casts only, not allowed to put D-loop further than around 2 feet behind the body. Was very interesting and quite a challenge, something quite useful too.

Malcolm

Very interesting watching everyone last night and the progress people are making. What a difference in the other Malcolm - double hauling was way beyond him when he started. Alex's 42 inch practice rod was a revelation. I could find a use for that on one of the burns I fishing. I like Alberto's suggestion of a competition using it - could be great fun!

To jaw like this

Squigster

Just thought i'd come on and say that I really enjoyed myself at the club last night. I learned more in a couple of hours than I had trying to teach myself for the last two years!!!!!
Cheers Lads
Stephen

Go To Front Page