News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

Chris - Was going for impact and importance :lol:

7pm on a thursday, same as last year. It's been steadily getting busier with more beginners over the past few weeks so a combination of a bit better weather and changing to evenings has obviously had an impact.

Alan - that's true  :lol: Quite impressive when you consider how self sustaining it was over the winter.

scottish-loch-lad

Thought so. Good effect.

Glad to know its still going and getting stronger.

Heading to Durness this Thursday but Ill come along next week.

thank you very much  :D

Teither

Quote from: scotty9 on May 10, 2010, 02:13:45 PM

7pm on a thursday, same as last year.

7pm or 6.30 pm ?? It was 6.30 pm last year - or 5 pm for some !  :)

Teither

haresear

Quote from: Teither on May 10, 2010, 10:15:09 PM
7pm or 6.30 pm ?? It was 6.30 pm last year - or 5 pm for some !  :)

Teither

I thought it was 6.30 too Jim.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Teither

Alex,
       It is 6.30. But I'm a devil-may-care sort of old rascal and just turn up as early as I like ! :D :D  What's your excuse ?
J

ps  I 'll be in Yorkshire this week, so I'll miss Thursday and Sunday.
J

haresear

QuoteAlex,
       It is 6.30. But I'm a devil-may-care sort of old rascal and just turn up as early as I like ! Very Happy Very Happy  What's your excuse ?
J

the feckin rush hour traffic between Hamilton and Knightswood fair rips my knitting :x

Enjoy the Wharfe Jim. I hope the weather heats up for your trip.

Alex
Protect the edge.

scotty9

Alberto the boss said it was 7  :) I go for 7 anyway, trying for 6.30 means getting stuck in kingston bridge traffic for me - not worth it.

I might be a bit earlier this week as i'll be in the west end anyway beforehand.

Teither

Scott,
           If you refer back to the opening post in this thread, you'll see that , according to Alberto, 6.30[ish ] was the given start time. It was also the time he announced at the outset of the club when he addressed the throngs gathered by the pond.
           If something has changed we need a formal announcement ! Questions will be asked in the house ! :D :D. The people must be heard and the democratic will must prevail !  :D :D
          Should we ask Jeremy Paxman to mediate ??
J

scotty9

Jim QC,

I'm afraid as I was not an original standing founder member I cannot comment on the original nature of the case. My term of attendance only came into being approximately one year ago, a few weeks after the initial founding. However, may I present my evidence to the house - http://www.flyforums.co.uk/other-casting/38619-glasgow-casting-club-25.html My evidence is presented as information that was annouced in the interim between founding and the yet to occur formal announcement.

Hopefully the house will accept my evidence and see how such a confusion may have arised.

I would ask that the house deliberates carefully and is guided to return a verdict of a new official announcement being needed.

Regards,

Scott QC

:lol:

(Jeremy Paxman would be good, however I'm not sure I would survive his cross examination :shock: :lol: )

Got two new rods to play with on thursday....

Teither

Quote from: scotty9 on May 11, 2010, 06:57:26 PM
needed.

Got two new rods to play with on thursday....

Scott,
        Ok. I'm biting. What's your indulgence this week ?
J

ps - you've not joined the Fladen club, surely ?

Go To Front Page