News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

Me - fladen club? Never!  :lol: I genuinely don't like them, I'd have the similarly priced Shakespeare rods, much nicer in the hand IMO.

Two loop rods - a #4 and #5 in the same series. Different recovery rates on them other than the line weight change. Most welcome to try after I've had a play, really liked the #5 when I tried it and bought the #4 blind for my brother.

Teither

Scott,
          I also used to say things like... " Oh, I know I've enough rods, but this one's for my boy .. ". David Bell used to say in reply , "  Yeah, yeah. Heard it all before ... "
          So I say to you, " Yeah, yeah " etc etc!
          Anyway I'm off to Harrogate tomorrow, with two 4 weights if you please,  to try the Wharfe. I can hardly feel the buggers in my hand ! :lol:
          See you anon,
J

scotty9

Oh forgot about that! Yeah I think I'm telling myself it's for the kids now too  :shock: :lol:

Best of luck Jim! I look forward to the report.

Malcolm

Quote from: scotty9 on May 11, 2010, 07:58:39 PM
Two loop rods - a #4 and #5 in the same series. Different recovery rates on them other than the line weight change. Most welcome to try after I've had a play, really liked the #5 when I tried it and bought the #4 blind for my brother.

What a strange feeling that was: both rods have hexagonal handles! I did like the lighter of the ywo but would get that handle on a lathe!
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

haresear

Quote from: Alan on May 14, 2010, 12:50:58 AM
the 4 was a delight, i didnt really notice the handle,

have to mention the presentation test; impressive or what?

I liked both rods for casting with, but I think the handles would piss me off after a while. I think your "presentation" test was a good idea Alan. get people to focus on getting smooth, good loops etc. and before they know it they are casting further than they were before by whacking it. Good idea :8)

I liked your wee 7 foot #3 Harrison/Sparton rod a lot Malcolm :D

Alex

Protect the edge.

Teither

Quote from: scotty9 on May 11, 2010, 11:31:51 PM

Best of luck Jim! I look forward to the report.

Scott
Alex

The Wharfe is crap ! Wee rods are crap !! Trout fishing is ... well, you know !!! :lol:
Actually, the truth is that I'm crap !!!!
        The Wharfe was great, and a lot of fish were caught, but nane by me !  :( Rods either side were scoring good fish, quite regularly. I got zero, even using the same flies [ and every other fly I could think of ] !  Mind you, a couple of other guys [ non-salmon fishers ] also blanked.
    Help ?? :? :?

J

scotty9

Jim, don't ask me...ask Alex, he'll get you onto fish!

Shame you didn't get any fish, there's always next time as they say! We had a river flow at the casting club last week, there was a pipe with a strong flow of water into the pond  :8)

Teither

Hi All,
       Did anyone find/come across a green jacket left behind last Thursday night ? If so it belongs to John McElroy, who won't be along tonight. Nor shall I be, regretfully - back still sore ! If anyone did find it please contact me or John direct if you have his number, to arrange return. Many thanks.
Jim A

gasman

Teither I have that green jacket in the back of my van.

All the best ,
Gary  :D

Teither

Gary
        Great ! Thanks, gary. I'll let John know.
Jim A

Go To Front Page