News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teither

Quote from: Malcolm on June 25, 2010, 12:32:35 PM

Jim continues to try and make me a classic spey caster. God bless 'im but I'm beyond redemption.

Jesus wept.   :)

Teither

scotty9

Quote from: Ardbeg on June 22, 2010, 01:46:42 AM
Nothing really concrete Scott.  As mentioned earlier, tailing loops are probably a biggie for most guys.  Possibly demonstrate how they happen and then demonstrate how to stop them.  Lots of possibilities here I guess.

Cheers

Ardbeg

I haven't forgotten, off to NZ tomorrow so will try and get some sort of half decent video put together whilst I'm away and hopefully it might help a few folk. Give me a few weeks and I'll see what I can do  :8)

River Chatter

Good luck in NZ Scotty and remember to do your stretching exercises before getting it on with those Maori girls  :lol:

Andrew Moray

Hello Scott,

Quote from: scotty9 on July 01, 2010, 03:28:42 AM
I haven't forgotten, off to NZ tomorrow

Have a fantastic time, however you spend the time, boarding fishing etc.
Whilst in Queenstown, surely you'll visit Kawarau Bridge  :wink:

Have a great time,
Tony

scotty9

Cheers guys - the maori women, not sure I can handle that! I'd get my ass kicked!  :lol:

Not sure about the bungy either Tony, it looks pretty dam scary! I fancy a sky dive but the bungy jump just seems more scary!

Guddler

You'll have a great time in NZ I'm sure, Scotty. For an unforgettable adrenaline fix try the 335' Pipeline Bungee in Skippers Canyon followed by an afternoon on the Kawarau River rapids with the Mad Dog River Boarding Company.
The Bungee was scary and exhilarating but the river boarding was terrifying. I truly thought I was going to die and my life really did flash before me. I was under for sooooo long and I honestly remember thinking that it was shame I was going to die as I'd had such a good day up till then  :lol:

Maybe you should just catch some big troots instead!

jimmul

Thanks for the friendly welcome last Thursday night it was good to meet up, and put some faces to some of the guys on here, I  will have to come by again the next time I am up that way.
Jim

gasman

An interesting night at the c.c.
Alex had two of the Wildfishers Fly lines, I cant say much about the grey River Don line
as Alan & Alex would not let it go.
So I had a couple of casts with the Highlander White Line, I can only say that it casts very
well, I like it.

All the best,
Gary :8)

Malcolm

Another very interesting night at the club. Harelug brought along a lovely light salmon rod the whisker 8/9 12ft. Brilliant for a wee spate river for seatrout or grilse. That's one of the great things - trying out loads of gear. Also one of the salmon lads brought along a Loomis Stinger Shooting head rod and it pings out a long long line. Great craic too.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Teither

Can anyone remember when we called a halt to the Thursday evening sessions last year, due to darkness descended ? I ask particularly because I believe Gary Scott is intending to come along, with some new rods, on 16 September. I shouldn't imagine there'd be much light after 7.30 by then, and since most folk don't arrive till after 7pm .... ??

Teither 

Go To Front Page